Sunday, May 22, 2022

Weekly Wind Down {Sports EVERY Night!?, Baby Snuggles, School Activities, Slow Days} May 15-21

This was a very busy week.  

We started the week with worship at Two Timbers.  Ameliya especially loved the rainbow density lesson that Gale taught.
After church our friends came over and we had a taco bar for lunch.  We all got in lots of baby snuggles and Mike and I enjoyed this season of loving little babies and sending them along for diapers and feedings.  (wink)
Mike has baby Lindly and I have baby Haddyn.  Evalynn likes to tell these little girls, "I'm your best friend."
Two times the fun!
Diaper changes with an audience.  We love these sweet mamas and their baby girls (okay, their hubbies, too).
Hi Haddy.  I love your dimple.
Sunday night was just a tidy and prep for the rest of a crazy week!
Monday brought no appointments.  Xavier did have a late ball game in a neighboring town and I had a moms only planning meeting for next year's co-op, so we split ways for the evening.  I left as soon as Mike got home, and he finished feeding the children and took everyone to the ball game.  They were all home and tucked in bed by the time I got home.
I wish I had taken a photo or two of the meeting.  Not because I care to be in photos much, but just for our kids to have that record of their moms, pouring over them in prayer, and thought, (and good food) and taking our time to plan a meaningful co-op for the coming school year.  I love planning so meeting nights are my favorites!
The kids were excited to hear what their classes were the next day and we all can't wait for a new co-op season to begin!
Tuesday's only appointment was speech for Mia.  The kids worked on a chalk town outside for several hours and Evalynn is old enough now to not ruin their hard work (without discipline at least!  The will is strong sometimes!).
Tuesday evening we split ways - Zayden had his first baseball game and Ameliya had a soccer game.  
Evie singing her favorite song on the way to the games.
It was rainy but both games were fun.  Mia scored a goal at soccer and Zayden had a great first game.  We were home before 7, which is always nice on busy weeks.
Janae picked up the pots Natalee threw at the studio and gave them to me at Monday's meeting.  They have been fired and are beautiful!

Wednesday Mike took the day off.  The day started slow, which is rare at our house.  Zayden came in for snuggles and I took them.
Then Evie came in and got some snuggles of her own.
I ran Evalynn to her last gymnastics class of spring.  We are taking a break for summer.
{still cute}
Wednesday afternoon was our field trip to the Botanical Gardens.  I got sick and Mike handled the rest of the evening, which included supper and Xavier's baseball game.

Thursday I was better but not too perky and so Mike handled hippotherapy for Natalee and track and field day with the oldest four.  I did keep Evie home and we got by with too many snacks and too much TV (both for her).
By Thursday evening I rallied enough to go sit at soccer and watch Ameliya.  Zayden had a baseball game at the same time, so I had to go or she didn't get to play.  
Mike took the other children so all I had to do was hold down my chair.  I took some photos, too.
We did a Wal-Mart pick up after the games and then needed to fuel to bus.  I snapped this picture because we were chuckling at the teen girl at the pump next to us who was complaining about the price of gas for her compact car and then exclaimed, "I would HATE to fuel that!" as Mike stepped out of the driver's seat.  Yes.  Yes she would have.

Friday morning Natalee and I had an 8:30 zoom appointment.  Evalynn and Zayden slept in so Mia and Xavier worked quietly on school work during the appointment.  It was a peaceful start to the day.
We celebrated Zayden getting a "big boy" Bible (vs picture storybook style) this week.  We are so thrilled with his interest in finding the Scriptures we read at devotional time for himself and wanting to read on his own.  He earned this accomplishment and I've loved watching him in the Word.
We were back on the fields Friday evening with soccer at 5:30 and baseball at 8:00.  Phil and Sara surprised us by coming up and catching the games.
We've had a few people tell us we're downright crazy for doing so many sports and there's probably truth to that.  Let me tell you a secret.  I'm not sold out on sports.  We don't worship them.  We worship Christ.  But I am sold out on these kids.  I so enjoy watching them improve and enjoy their activities and chase an interest.  We enjoy watching them show Christ to others with their attitudes, their sportsmanship, and their character.  Maybe it won't always be this way.  If we were outside of town with a little land and animals to take care of, we wouldn't be able to do sports like this.  But this is our here and our now and we aren't sorry about it.  I can say with assurance that we would not be able to maintain this lifestyle without homeschooling.  We can sleep in, take naps, have supper at 4 and a snack at 8, and take our days slow because our nights are full.  It's also only a short season and then June, July, and August are going to be wide open staring at us.
We took a brief intermission at Smokey Row for some warm drinks and snacks before we headed back to the sports complex for baseball.

Saturday was spent lounging and packing up to head to Missouri for an overnight trip for Emma's graduation!

No comments: