Sunday, May 8, 2022

Weekly Wind Down {Celebrating Scarlette, Theo's Birthday} May 1-7

We were supposed to stay the night at a hotel to swim Sunday but that plan fell all to pieces and we ended up driving home late Sunday night with kids who were trying to valiantly to hold onto the fun of the day and not let the mess up at the end ruin it all.  I'm so proud of my kids when they show me how gracious they can be, however, sometimes I just wonder why we can't seem to get a win.  How many lessons of patience and finding gratitude despite the circumstances must God try to teach me?  I guess I'm still a work in progress.
Monday everyone slept in and then we just kind of piddled around.  We had a love package from a childhood friend of mine and Mike's, Amanda, and the kids sure appreciated using many items from it to finish swallowing down the disappointment of the missed hotel night. 
Monday evening we had co-op Share Night and enjoyed getting a little spiffed up for the night.  We'd had a light lunch and the kids got their money from the Pizza Ranch buffet (wink).

We rearranged our weekly schedule a little bit to allow for Scarlette's memorial service later in the week, so on Tuesday morning we went to Natalee's hippotherapy session.  Evalynn packed herself a little bag with some puzzles.
Tuesday evening Ameliya had a soccer game.  It was rainy and wet so I went alone and Mike kept the others at home.  
On Wednesday morning Evalynn had gymnastics class.
The rest of Wednesday was spent with some school work and I did some packing to be gone for a couple of days.  Zayden had his first t-ball practice Wednesday evening and was so excited.  He's waited for weeks!  I stopped by after grabbing my Wal-Mart order, and then when he was done he, Ev, and I headed to Missouri for a few days.
We stayed at my folks, and after we got there Wednesday, I left the kids with mom and went to spend some time with my cousins.  We worked on photo boards for beautiful Scarlette's service until the wee hours of the morning.  I'm so thankful they let me be included in this act of service.
On Thursday I did some errands for the family and then helped set up for Scarlette's service while mom helped out with my younger two and Mike juggled the oldest three and work up in Iowa.
On Thursday evening many from the family and community gathered to celebrate the life of precious Scarlette.  We all alternated moments of being strong, falling short, and holding each other up.  My cousin, Brooke, remained among the strong most of the night.  She is a true warrior.
Mike took the kids and I stayed behind to clean up after the service, and then ran to Aunt Joanna and Uncle Pat's for a few minutes to visit with Brooke.

Friday morning the little two and I got up and around and headed home.  I visited with Brooke on the phone most of the drive, which helped pass the time.  We were home in time for lunch and naps and then Ameliya had a soccer game and Xavier had a baseball game that evening.

Xavier played a couple innings of catcher.
biggest fan...
Xabe finally got a piece of the ball at bat.  It was a foul and he ended up a walk, but it was still good for him to get out of that slump and hit.
Friday was another late night and Saturday the kids and I slept in a bit.  Mike had graduation at the university, so he was up and at it early.  After breakfast, I took Zayden halfway to meet Lance and Theo for Theo's birthday.  He got to sleepover and had a lot of great adventures!
His tie dye shirt he made is his new favorite.
Lauren said they stayed up late talking and were up early.  Sounds about right.
We spent a lot of Saturday afternoon outside.
The children played and we met one of our neighbors and I had a nice visit with her.  Early evening we all got cleaned up and the girls and I had a movie night while Mike and Xavier went ax throwing with some friends for a "boys night."
We were all exhausted by the end of the week, both emotionally and physically spent.

No comments: