Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Botanical Gardens Field Trip

We had the opportunity to visit the Botanical Gardens in Des Moines on May 18th with our homeschool co-op and it was a beautiful afternoon!  The weather was lovely and the gardens were way beyond anything I would have imagined!  The guides gave us a 45 minute tour, and then we explored on our own for another hour or so.  Honestly, I could have stayed for a lot longer to keep looking!

Unfortunately a couple of our families had sickness, so we were a bit short of a full "bunch," but still a great time.
Our guided tour...
So thankful Mike could take PTO and go along since we had a stroller and Natalee's chair.  I know someone would have helped me but I sure do enjoy sharing these memories with him, too.
*imagining I'm in paradise*
For the self guided exploration we divided into our co-op age groups.  Mike went along with Natalee's group.
Cortney, Sara S., and I managed this little bunch!
When we got to the gardens and took out our stroller, it was NOT pushing right.  Mike said something is bent and I was mentally preparing myself that it would be fine without it.  Luckily, we walked in and there were strollers to borrow right in the entry.  Nice, clean, and safe ones at that.  I was very thankful, as it was quite a bit of walking.
The water features were a huge hit.
Natalee's behind the waterfall!
This was a great afternoon.  What a fun trip. 
However, on the way home I got hit like a ton of breaks with stomach sickness.  Several of us moms passed it around after a meeting we had together Monday evening.  At least we share well?  LOL.  Luckily very few of our children got it.  I got into the house when we got home, showered, and went to bed for the evening - at 4 p.m.!


No comments: