Friday, September 22, 2017

Keeping the Littles Busy

Often our two little "scholars" will play while the big kids are doing school, but I'm trying to be inventive in making fun invitations to play for them a couple of days a week.  Here are a peek of some of the activities I've set up for them this month while the big kids are schooling...however it should be noted that the big kids always get in a couple of breaks to join in the fun!

The classic shaving cream.  Zayden was not too impressed with this.  


Flip flop faces for Zayden...

Pool noodle marble tracks...
 

I also bought an old gumball machine from a friend and Mia and Zayden sat for awhile putting in money and receiving marbles from the machine, but I guess I didn't take a picture!

Squiggle writer!  Still as much fun as it was 20 some years ago!

Water beads.  A.Mess. but SO much fun.  I wish I would have thought to start them in the playpen - that helped immensely, even though more got crushed.
 Lego people "swimming"
 
Sometimes (often) the mess overwhelms me.  My house is old but I still try to keep it clean and tidy and doing these things (even on the porch) is a struggle, however the pay off of 30 minutes to an hour of time where our little ones are content and I can focus on the big ones is usually worth it.  It also brings something "different" to our days when they often can look the same and feel long.
And also, when I don't plan things, Zayden gets dangerous...

They are capable of adorable independent play.  This was sweet to walk up on recently...

Anyone have other ideas of activities to set up for your little people?  I'd love to hear your ideas!

No comments: