Sunday, January 4, 2015

Baby Bookworm {Usborne Review}

When you read, you must first empty the entire book basket.
This is necessary to find the book you desire to read right this instant.
 When you find just the right book you read it any which way you want...no rules...
 ...front to back, back to front, start in the middle!

When you're done you cast it aside and snatch up another...




Three years ago our babysitter gave each of the children an Usborne book for Christmas.  While I thought they were nice books I didn't necessarily see them as any better or different than any other book.  What I soon realized was that our children were going back to these 2 books day after day after day.  They read them, re-read them and had us read them again.  The great part was that the books were so well made that they were holding up to the daily use, and they were obviously keeping the children's interest!  I tucked "Usborne" away in my brain for a later date and life resumed.
When I began homeschooling, I realized I was seeing and hearing about Usborne more and more.  Many curriculums used Usborne books as supplemental reading.  Usborne's nonfiction line was touted as one of the best to be found.  So, last Christmas I bought the children Usborne books for gifts and they became as beloved as the first ones we had.  I waited a few months and finally decided that Usborne was a product and company that I could stand behind so I took the plunge to sign up as an Usborne consultant
This, of course, has meant more Usborne coming into our home and the kids and I are both overjoyed.  We use many of the books for schooling, which is a double bonus. 

Ameliya is no stranger to Usborne, and empties her book basket to find the books she likes best.  Above, she is reading 2 books from the baby series titled That's Not My... (She's reading That's Not My Prince and That's Not My Hamster.)  I've taken time this week to stop and watch her and I'm realizing that, just like the other 2 kids, she's coming back to these beloved Usborne books day after day.  The That's Not My series are touchy/feely books, which really draws the tiny tot crowd.

Usborne has become a super fun side business for me.  It's been a terrific way to earn a bit of extra cash while enhancing our library and doing something I love.  To those who supported our Usborne business in 2014, we thank you.  We're looking forward to just as much fun in 2015!

No comments: