Thursday, November 20, 2008

Christmas Survey

I got this in an e-mail & thought, why not?...

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
definitely wrapping paper

2. Real tree or Artificial?
I grew up on 'real,' but last summer I bought a tree for $1 that I thought I was going to use for my classroom and it turned out to be a 7 1/2 foot BEAUTY. So my new tradition is my $1 tree! (and I'll admit, it really is easier!)

3. When do you put up the tree?
it's up...usually we don't do it 'till the Saturday after Thanksgiving but encouragement from a friend and a baby on the way convinced me!

4. When do you take the tree down?
by New Year's.

5. Do you like eggnog?
uh...ewwwww!

6. Favorite gift as a child?
my quintuplets & their quint house! sigh...









the little house folds up & locks!


7. Easiest person to buy for?
Mikey is usually not too bad...neither are my sisters.

8. question 8 seems to have disappeared!

9. Do you have a Nativity scene?
Yes, 2...I leave one up all year long!

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail...I already have my labels ready to go this year & have over 100 to send! It's part of the special holiday...seeing how families have grown. I keep mine (esp. ones with pictures) all year long!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
One year all I wanted was a bookshelf (yeah, I was THAT kid). Anyways, when my folks (or Santa) went to the Wal-Mart to pick it up & got home and tried to assemble it they found out it was broken. Wal-Mart had no more so they kept the broken one in the box so I knew what I'd gotten. It wasn't a bad gift--it was exactly what I wanted--but it stinks when you can't put it together and use it on Christmas. My folks were sadder than I was b/c they've always been good about having our things put together!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
The old family tradition from home is to watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, but my actual favorite movie is probably Frosty (although this year I am watching the new Nativity Story, so I might have a new favorite).

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I have already started...I'm usually 90-95% done after Black Friday (which is why this baby has to absolutely wait to come out!).

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Not until I married my husband...sometimes that's the theme of their family Christmas gift exchanges at his Grandma's.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Homemade noodles and mashed potatoes and turkey (same answer as Andrea in case anyone cares!...can you tell what we grew up on?)

16. Lights on the tree?
Color & lots of them!...although I wouldn't be opposed to going all clear some year.

17. Favorite Christmas song?
Oh, I just love Christmas music...my favorite hymn is probably What Child Is This?.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Stay at home and go to mom & dad's...I love being with family at Christmas. We do Mike's folks one day & my family usually on Christmas day.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's?
Of course...I won a bet with one of my regular coffee drinkers when I worked at the MOD!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Angel on the big tree; star on the little tree.

21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning?
Well, both of course! & sometimes days before!

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
People who don't or can't (or refuse to) get in the Spirit (the real Spirit!). Its not as annoying as it is sad!

23. Favorite Ornament theme or color?
Our big tree is our ornaments from when we were growing up. I am, however, obsessed with snowman decorations and have a snowman tree this year!

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
turkey, homemade noodles, mashed potatoes (didn't I answer this already?)

25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Does it sound like a boxed answer for me to say, "A happy, healthy, peaceful baby?"...

26. Santa packages wrapped or unwrapped?????
Oh, unwrapped if assembly is required, of course, because assembly required means Santa assembling at midnight! Otherwise they are to be wrapped in a DIFFERENT paper than mom and dad have so that the packages don't match anything that's been under the tree for weeks (my mom was actually very conscientious about this!).

Feel free to copy & blog your own answers if you want to. Have a holly jolly Thursday!

2 comments:

Andrea Frederick said...

OH, OH, I forgot about mom's obsession with DIFFERENT paper from Santa. She lectures me every Christmas to make sure I do. Last year I used Bree's Santa paper from the year before. It's a good idea to just trade!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you girls to know, we have Santa paper, too! We also have presents that come from my sister in heaven and they are wrapped in angel paper. Believe me, it is so nice to not have to label all those presents that show up on Christmas Eve because it's already a given! :) Kristina