Sunday, November 16, 2008

baby shower, take 2

Well, I hate sharing photos that I haven't gotten to crop and edit yet, but Mikey redid my computer and it has zilcho on it (not even sound yet) & I'm afraid if I wait I'll forever forget. Here are pictures from the 2nd shower we had...Laurie & Beth did a great job and it was a very sweet, tame event. They did a book theme and we actually got a lot of fun books that I didn't have already (& if you know me, that's a hard feat!).
We were blessed with lots of necessities--lotions, baby wash, etc, as well as items that will mean a lot to us for many years. I got 2 Willow Tree angels--the expectant mother angel & the new mommy angel...2 handmade blankets, one crocheted & one knitted in prayer, and lots of other sweet things. Thank you to everyone again, who came to either or both showers. We appreciate the love and support you've given to our growing family!

Laurie made a diaper cake (that I hated to take apart because I know how much time it took!) & we had a great brunch.

The prayer blanket...very soft & cuddly!

Laurnie Beth went through our books from when we were little and found our children's versions of the Little House on the Prairie books and gave them to the baby. Made my eyes water from the thoughtfulness.

My baby sister bought something especially for ME! Jammies to trot around in while I'm at the hospital and when we come home (okay, I'm already wearing them!).

Andrea got all of the Noah's Ark stuff that goes with our crib set...Colby picked out the elephant security blankie!

Our dear friends, Robert & Maureen, found this AWESOME Noah's Ark board book...it is just too cool for description!

I did play around with this photo on picnic...got it cropped at least...this is the hand crocheted blanket that Beth made for us. It is soooo soft!

My mom...she's always thinking...she bought us a humidifier, baby nose drops, & a vapor plug-in.
I broke the humidifier out of the box this week and its helped clear up my cold...yay!

No comments: