Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Karate Update

We are finding great joy in Xavier's twice a week karate class.  The drive 2 mornings a week is definitely a committment, but the outcome of the class makes it worth it.  
 They got their uniforms a couple of weeks ago.  See how cute?  Gosh!
Hand gear is also going to be a requirement for class in November.  Xavier wanted his now and I told him he'd have to wait a couple of weeks, so he decided to use some of his birthday money that he had squirreled away and buy them himself.  He's taking especially good care of them - having to part with your own green stuff seems to make a difference!
 
Xavier earned his first honor stripe on September 8th.  He was so excited!!
I don't really understand the in's and outs of karate {I'm trying to learn} but I do understand obedience, self-control, self defense, and honor to self and others and I love what I'm seeing from the class!  We're thankful that Miss Twila is a believer and that she pours herself into these kids.

No comments: