Saturday, June 4, 2016

Strawberries!

Our strawberry patch is bountiful this year!  A few years back we planted like four or six little tiny plants and they have taken over the east side of our house.  We have eaten strawberries for every meal and little stained hands and mouths are a constant at our house right now (have you noticed that store strawberries don't really give you that good red stain?). 
The kids pick about every other day and all week have gotten this much or more (this is one picking).  Mom comes up behind them and does a final pick and gets the ones they missed.

As I wash and stem, Mia likes to sit on the counter and see if she can out eat my work.  So far I'm still faster!
 Mouth full of berries.
 Yummy!!
I finally had to put some berries in the freezer last night so they didn't go to spoil.  We aren't able to keep up eating what God's blessing us with.  How fortunate!  We've shared some with friends, made some with dye free jell-o, had smoothies, and even Zayden tried out some berries.
We're thankful for our bounty.  Considering I never tend to this patch, it really is a blessing because they just come back on their own regardless of my neglect!

No comments: