Saturday, November 29, 2014

Depoxifying

We had a "depoxifying" Saturday at our house.  We stayed home, found ways to stay busy, got outside and blew off the germs, and turned the corner from "sick" to "healing."

I laid out an art activity, which the children enjoyed very much.  It was simple and took no planning on my part, save for keeping the toilet paper roll when it was spent.
 We did this part before naps.
 After naps I laid out colored paints for them to fill their circles in with. 
I never know what to do with art projects after they are done (any suggestions?), but I suppose it's the experience that's more important than anything.

We got out the nativity sets and the children spent a lot of time playing what they call away in a manger.  Even Ameliya got in on the action.
 

The kids watched their fair share of television, but we did get outside to blow off the germs and stink and breathe in the 60+ degree beautiful air.

After the walk the kids really felt reinvigorated and had energy to play, which was nice to see.  I spent a good portion of the day washing blankets, pillow cases, sheets, etc., and clothes as we have been changing the kids often to help them feel fresh and less itchy.  The light is at the end of our poxy tunnel and I can almost see it.

1 comment:

Shonya said...

I take pictures of artwork, hang them on the pantry door or fridge for a couple days, then discreetly tuck them into the garbage can. I know, bad mama!

And I hear you on getting germy little kids outside on that beautiful Saturday to "blow the stink off 'em!"