Friday, November 7, 2014

Ameliya's Week in Review

Ameliya decided to challenge life this week.  She's crawling well now and getting faster and she doesn't love the restrictions I've put in place for her safety.  Instead of "babyproofing" everything, I live in a world where I'd rather teach/train her to just leave certain things alone.  The trash can behind my chair, my computer cord, etc.  "No-no" has become a disdained but respected word for her.

In addition to learning the ropes around here, she's also been very adorable this week.  My sis made her some head bands out of panty hose so they are so comfy and I can't help but put them on her even when we are staying at home.

On Sunday, she was ready to worship...
and then she gave her hop-n-pop a workout...

On Monday she had ruby red, dry cheeks...

On Tuesday she went strapless...
 Just kidding - I did dress her and she sported pink feathers... 

 

This was also the day she bit me hard while I was feeding her.  Biting time-out...


On Wednesday, she donned a lovely pink bow...
 {she loves taking selfies}
This was also the day that she started crawling over to a "no-no" and instead of even trying to touch it she'd just look at it and burst into tears.  You can see behind her, my computer cord.  She didn't touch it, I never had to say anything to her in this instance because I'd trained her the day before - but as she passed it to go on about her play she shed some tears over it.  I laughed.  Hard.
We have also trained her that she's not allowed in the play room.  It's got stairs, small toys, and lots of other things that aren't for babies.  So she crawls to the end of the rug and just lays down crying in defeat.  She is bullheaded but soft hearted.

On Thursday she popped a new tooth through!
 It's not tall enough yet to see when she smiles but it's through the gum. 
 
I love when she wrinkles her nose when she smiles.
She also danced and splashed in the tub!

Today is Friday.  Somehow, she's just as cute today as she was on Sunday!

Love you, you spirited little sprite!

1 comment:

Shonya said...

Delightful post of an adorable baby.

Poor little thing, with all those rules and restrictions! snort of laughter