Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Our Interesting Natalee

The last couple of mornings Natalee has been up EARLY.  She's not allowed out of bed until 7 but at 5:30-6 I've heard her up stirring in her room.  She makes her bed, lays on it, reads, and tries to be still.  She's also not been napping at nap time.  For a few days I thought maybe she was really requiring less sleep - then I kept an eye on her at night, when we were having the most meltdowns and realized by 6 at night she's EXHAUSTED.

This morning I talked to her about it.  I asked her about her clock and she told me she saw 1:00, 3:00, 5:00 and at 6:00 she finally made her bed and stayed awake.  While she can't tell time to a tee, she knows the first number is the "important" one that mommy and daddy focus on.  She's also told me a few times the last couple days that her feet hurt but I hadn't started piecing things together until today. 

Interestingly enough, the last few days, especially today, Natalee has requested nuts and broccoli several times a day.  Broccoli at meals and nuts all throughout the day.  Do you remember about three years ago when we met Dr. Waddington and got our Natalee back?
I decided we might be dealing with a bit of low magnesium so Daddy picked up some Epsom salts on the way home from work tonight and Natalee just got out of a high dose soak.  It's interesting to me how her body is craving the foods it might really need to feel better!  Here's praying our little girl can sleep tonight without seeing so many hours on her clock.  While she always wakes up perky she has been deteriorating rapidly throughout the day - we'd love to have her longevity back!

*******************

Here's a little something to make you chuckle.  A conversation I had with my growing up girl yesterday:

Me:  "Natalee, I've noticed there's been big wads of toilet paper in the bathroom trash cans.  I feel like you are being wasteful.

Natalee:  {not angrily, but quite matter of factly} "Well, Mom.  You guys musta bought that bad kind of toilet paper because I have to use lots to get dry so my panties don't get wet spots in them.  If you don't want me to use so much then maybe we should buy the good stuff."

As it turns out we had been buying a cheaper brand as of late.  Apparently Natalee is anti Angel Soft
and instead prefers the absorbancy and softness of Charmin.

1 comment:

Shonya said...

So did the Epsom salts help again?

And I have to agree with Natalee--I'm a Charmin girl myself! :)