Sunday, March 2, 2014

36 Weeks {#3}

I must look tired - people keep asking how I'm feeling.  Seriously, it's asked in love and I appreciate their kindness.  I *am* tired but blessed.  Baby is active.  VERY active.  Exhaustingly so.  Never still.  I don't remember the others moving this much.  Every day I'm reminded that my love language is NOT physical touch because every day there is a little life dancing and moving around and touching me all.day.long.  Go figure.

An angel at church today told me I look lower.  Bless her.  That gives this tired mommy hope.  Someday soon pregnancy will be a memory and it will not have all been in vain. 

This little fruit/veggie comparison has been fun to watch for the last several weeks.  This week the baby is the size of a head of romaine lettuce.  Yum - I love lettuce!  He/She should be weighing in at quite a bit more than that head of lettuce, however - more like 5-6 pounds and 18+" according to the link.  {I'm feeling it...trust me.}

We got hit with yet another winter storm last night.  I think this pregnancy wouldn't have felt quite so long if winter wasn't determined to go on for.ev.er.  The inability to get outside and walk, play, and mess around in the dirt has really affected me and I'm doing my best to keep a positive spirit. 
The good news is we live in Missouri - at some point spring HAS to come.  It's like a law or something, right?

Mike gave me the green flag to order the 2 baby items I decided I really wanted with this baby.  A co-sleeper and a swing/bouncy combo.  We have always kept baby next to us in the cradle but it still meant getting UP in the middle of the night.  I'm anxious to have the co-sleeper and be a little lazier this time round - with baby in his/her own safe space but near to me with easy, middle of the night access.
We sold our swings/bouncers from the first 2 kids when Xavier outgrew them, and with space always being an issue I decided the combo I came across was a pretty ideal winner.  Unable to find one used we went ahead and ordered and I'm anxious to get it.  Even though babies aren't about "stuff" it is nice to have a little new with this one.  The crib from Xavier is still stored (we had 2 cribs b/c Natalee & Xavier were so close in age but did sell one after they both outgrew them) but we're hoping to get by with the co-sleeper until we leave this house.  Otherwise, we may have to get rid of the dining room table to find space for it! ;)  (kidding...kind of...without daycare I can downsize some things if I have to!)

I'm also super excited to use my new wrap that my in-laws got me for Christmas, and I still have the ring sling a friend gifted me after Natalee arrived.  Overall - we're set.  I think.  Today Mike's going to dig out the suitcase for me so I can start packing for him & me {baby is packed & ready!}.  And then there is the issue of the other 2 children and whether we need to pack for them for when we go to the hospital or whether to just let the family taking care of them flounder about and figure it out....okay, maybe we're not quite ready....

1 comment:

Shonya said...

Eeek! How exciting! It's getting closer and closer. I can feel for you, though--I imagine this long winter HAS made the pregnancy feel never-ending! I think Shela is starting to feel it too--saw her this weekend and she's feeling her 38 weeks. :)

I also know what you mean about the fun of getting "stuff" for baby. It's fun and makes it more real and builds that anticipation. We have the bassinet set up, received a box of baby girl clothes from a friend. . .it's so fun! :)