Saturday, March 15, 2014

A Day of Pampering {Almost 38 Weeks With #3}

My sisters are grand!  Part of the reason I wanted more children is because I want my girls to have sisters and my boys to have brothers.  There is nothing quite like the same gendered bond that just warms my heart (even though N and X are BEST friends!).

Today my sisters treated me to a pedicure and lunch of my choice.  Besides those two treats, just a 1/2 day with the three of us was a delight in itself.  Conversation, laughs, catching up...it's what family is all about.
They also made unnecessary and adorable baby crafts when we got home.  Pictures when baby gets here.

My hubby held down the fort with these two cuties while I was gone.  It's nice to be the one "coming home" every once in awhile...they seem to miss me and are so excited to see me.
 
Can't wait to see if my 3rd sweetie grows into a blond haired, blue eyed darling like big brother and sister.

Almost 38 weeks and feeling well!  I got the van vacuumed out with the warmer weather, put the car seat in and have tackled packing my suitcase.  Yesterday, I cleaned like a mad woman after another random round of sickness (vomit/diarrhea) from Natalee and was SURE that all that "nesting" would put me into labor (even if it was a little forced) but no such luck.  Still chugging!  When I'm on my feet the Braxton Hicks contractions are regular and stronger but they stop when I rest.  At least my body is making preparations!

We'll try to be patient #3, but really...we're ready when you are!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Love the sister picture!!! I think I can even tell whos sandals belong to who!!!!

Shonya said...

So glad you had this precious time with sisters (and I agree with Lori, I was having fun guessing the footsies, lol).