Tuesday, August 6, 2024

First Day of Vacation {Travel Day}

After my quick trip to North Dakota I had one day at home to recover and then it was off to family vacation.  Mike did all of the legwork for our family vacation.  We had to cancel vacation last year and he was determined to not do that this year, so despite my injury and the big van being down (wah wah wah) we just did it.  Do things even when they're hard or something like that.

My folks loaned us their mini van, for which we are very grateful.  We packed lighter than ever.  We were crammed and I threatened complainers with being strapped on top.  And off we went.
It was a five state day....nine hours from Iowa, through Illinois, Indiana, a sliver of Ohio, and into Kentucky.
Monday was just a travel day.  We drove to the VRBO we had rented and settled in, played games, Mike and Xavier grabbed groceries and Little Caesar's pizza, and we just relaxed for the evening.
VRBOs are so hard to rent and this was my first experience. The neighborhood was a bit run down (or historical?) but it was safe and, though the house was older, it was nice.  The kids thought it was exciting and I appreciate their vibe.  I was grateful for a large bedroom downstairs and a bathroom.  I went up the stairs one time to look and then didn't go up again all week.  The view from the deck and upstairs windows were lovely.  
We stayed in Kentucky but just across the river from Cincinnati.
Mia made this series of cute videos to send to her bestie so I saved them - enjoy the tour.

No comments: