Saturday, March 4, 2023

Weekly Wind Down {Co-op, SUNSHINE, 100 Dresses Play/Smash Park, Winter Sports End} Feb 26-Mar 4

We went to church and then enjoyed over four hours of the beautiful weather to begin our week.  Monday brought co-op and we were up and at 'em to greet the rainy day.
building rhythms with my music class...
starting a multi-media art project for our end of year art display
We did Five Little Chicks in preschool
and made fingerprint chicks.
We had lunch and after we ate Evie came up and said, "Mom, I shared all my pudding with baby Amos."  Oops.  His mom was very forgiving and even thanked Evalynn for sharing when I confessed.  Amos made Evie his new best friend and can you blame him?  He scored pudding.  
Aunt Annette was resting so we came on home....Evalynn was crashed before we were outside of town.
The day was rainy and gray so we just hung out inside when we got home and decompressed from the day.

Tuesday Mike took PTO.  The older girls and I had ticket to see The 100 Dresses play in Des Moines at the playhouse.  Mike took the boys and Evie to Smash Park to play and hang out while we were at our play.
The play was darling and was a culmination of the tea party/book discussion from a few weeks back.
After our fun afternoons we ran to Sam's and picked up some groceries.  The play was at lunch time and we'd had snacks but not a meal so everyone got treats from the food area before we loaded up to go home.
Xavier's basketball that he got as a gift last year spontaneously exploded a few days back while we were playing outside.  He took such good care of it and didn't even leave it in the garage - always in his room so it was temp controlled.  I think it just wore out with use - he was very grateful for a new one that came in Tuesday's mail.
We got home early evening and unloaded groceries.  I had a meeting and we were all exhausted so we traded pizza/game night for leftovers and called it a day.

Wednesday was our first regular school day of the week.  We typically do a 4 day school week so we'd put one of this week's on the end of last week's so that it would all come out even.
We worked hard.  The day turned warm so we got around three hours outside. 
Natalee and I had hair appointments and both appreciated finally finding our "hair person" up here in Iowa.  I had all my dead cut off and a few long layers added and Natalee had hers trimmed up and all the "pool straw" taken off the ends.  Looking fresh...
We got home in time for me to get supper and then headed off to Awana and Youth Group.

Thursday morning Natalee had hippotherapy.  We got our school done around her appointment.
I did a pick up order of sidewalk chalk as the girls had been begging for a fresh box.  After school we got a little bit of time outdoors.
The boys played a wild game of pig.
Thursday night was Zayden's last night of wrestling.  He really enjoyed this club and I guess I'm looking at what it will be like to be a wrestling mom because he says he wants to do it again next year.
Bedtime snuggles.

Friday brought more sunshine.  Thank goodness.  Sunshine is so good for my soul.  
The kids got a solid 3 hours outside and I got quite a bit of time before coming in to start supper.  Little Evie was as dirty as she could get so I ran her through a shower and she cut the lettuce for me.
pizza and game night that got delayed on Tuesday
We missed seeing the two planets, Venus and Jupiter, "kiss" on Wednesday but they were clear in the sky before we started games.
Mike chose Farkle (or 10,000) for our game.  It was not my night, but the younger kids especially had a good game!

Saturday brought Xavier's final basketball game.  We've told him that next year he can sign up for the homeschool Knights team and I'm already praying for my stamina and our schedule.
After basketball we stayed for open swim.  I was a sitterviser because nothing in me enjoys cold water and the water at our Y is unable to be heated appropriately because it's so old.
The kids seemed to acclimate and enjoyed 90 minutes or so of water time.
After we loaded up I suggested a stop at the local Dutch bakery for a treat and no one argued with that.
Everyone ate the treat they chose and all the extras I'd purchased.
We closed out the week with a couple of hours outside and tucked everyone in early after a busy day.

No comments: