Sunday, November 21, 2021

Third Week of November {New Floors, Swim, Survival!}

The third week of November brought the completion of the new hard surface flooring in our rental home.  We are so grateful both to get the 50 year old carpet out, and to have the project complete.

Being there during the flooring was difficult.  Really difficult.  But we survived it.

Empty living room.  We use that folding floor cushion so much.
Monday morning.  Last morning with carpet!  Waiting for the flooring guys to arrive.
Once the flooring fellas arrived we kept ourselves to our bedrooms and the bathroom.  Mike and I's bedroom became headquarters and we attempted to school as much as we could.
The reason we had to be in town instead of escaping back to Missouri was because everyone had eye and dentist appointments.  The oldest four children went to Eric's to stay with Aunt Penny while Ev and I had our eye appointments.  First a stop at the chiro.  Ev was getting a bit cruddy sounding...I suspected it was the dust and grossness from the carpets coming out and sub floors being cut, but still wanted to make sure she could clear her ears and stay as well as possible.
Eye time!  She checked out great!
More bed school...
Tuesday we had gymnastics but time for a little school before.  Thankfully the weather was beautiful so we also got lots of outside time and windows open.
Something started catching up with Ev.  We did two breathing treatments over the week just to make sure nothing settled and she could expel whatever was going on.
By Tuesday night we had our living room back!  The kids and I washed all the walls down and mopped the floors good to clear out as much dust as possible.
Time to move some furniture back.
Then at 9:30 at night I made an 8x batch of healthy muffins to get us through the rest of the week.
And then I put up the Christmas tree - lights only - because I wanted to. 
Nothing cuter than a baby staring at wonder at a Christmas tree.
Trying to nap away the congestion.
The hard surface floors mean we can build blocks and they stay steady!  Ev is such a good builder!
Big brother is such a protector. 
I took pictures of the floors for the campus office records, but I appreciate a good clean floor, too!
Wednesday the floor fellas finished the bathroom and cleaned up and were all done!  How thankful we are!
Another Thursday adjustment before the chiro closed for the weekend! 
Friday brought eye appointments for all four big kids.
We also did a winter art project for our dining room frames.
And Natalee worked on a pumpkin project for co-op art class.
Zayden got a birthday gift in the mail....and the rest of my weekend was spent admiring it.  LOL!  Thanks Vance and Nannie.
Reading his new book.
Midnight snugs....I remember feeling really grateful in this moment that I got the privilege of holding this beautiful girl.
Daddy and Zayden reading his new book.
Saturday morning Zayden woke me up asking if I wanted to look at his new book...
and when I had to get ready for swim he followed me into the bathroom while I did my hair.
Saturday swim!

No DQs, including the 50 yard back stroke, which she got DQ'd for at the first meet!
She also improved her 50 yard freestyle by .4 of a second.
Home for snuggles before bedtime!

No comments: