Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Trying New Things {Fall Soccer}

While league soccer isn't new to our family since Mike, Ameliya, and Zayden participated in the spring, it is new to Xavier.  He was allowed to play on 10u league, even though he's turned 11, but this will probably be his last go at soccer unless we would choose to join the traveling teams next year.  I'm bummed that in town league stops at age 10 as it is such a good way for the kids to have some fun and gain some experience without families having to run constantly.  But, I digress....Xavier is enjoying his first go at playing soccer and learning quite a lot.

The first game he played was played in the rain for the first half.  His tiniest fan was not a fan of the weather and she and I ended up back in the bus.  Thanks to my friend, Susie, for sending me this picture of him.  I could make out most of the game from the front of the bus (Ev was buckled in her seat for her safety and my sanity) and he scored a goal!


His second game brought beautiful weather.  We didn't bring away the win, but it was a fun watch and he scored another goal, right in front of me, too, but do you think I had my camera ready? 
If you're trying to pick him out of these photos, just look for the bright orange shoes.
Xavier genuinely loves "sportsing" as I call it, and gives soccer his all, just like he does any other sport he partakes in.  We appreciate sport opportunities that allow him to shake his competitive side out, learn to be a teammate, and grow in his Christ-like sportsmanship.
I don't understand all the things about soccer, but I'm learning.  And I do love a sport that's outside...when the weather is lovely anyways!
This fan was a bit whiney for game #2....
This one was a much better cheerleader!
Big sister coming in clutch with some fingerplays and songs...


No comments: