Saturday, October 9, 2021

Park Day with Friends

Our friends, the Weltes, were in town from south Missouri and met us at a park for a fun Friday!  We had 5 glorious hours of chattering at each other trying to catch up on months of life and it flew.  As I drove home I thought about all the things I still needed to ask Shela or that we started to talk about and got interrupted by a kiddo.  It's never enough time.

James and Shela were some of the first homeschoolers to welcome us when we began schooling our children and we appreciate their continued love for our family, even though they moved south and we moved north.  We have enjoyed watching their children grow, begin their own families, walk in the Word, and are loving their new journey of homesteading on their new farm.

Little Evalynn loved her freedom at the park and played in the two areas where I could see her right beside me.  Her friend, Jedida, showed her how to go down the curly slide and then she did it at least 50 more times.  You think I'm exaggerating.  I am not.  She did this on repeat for hours.
At the top of the slide...
Ready to go...
Here I go, mama...
curling...
and whirling...
"I go again, mama?"
So fun to watch this young ladies catch up on life...
And Mia and Jadence at the top of the rocks, visiting.  
For some reason the girls were easier to get photos of than the boys.  LOL.  
We ordered Dominos for lunch and fed the troops a treat.  I brought along chips and baby carrots - and forgot to present the carrots to the kids.  Ha - I bet they didn't mind.  
This was little Evie at time to go....look at that dirty girl.  She had such a big day, running with the big kids!
her shorts paid for it...
We are so blessed to have our friendship with the Weltes and thankful for this beautiful day!

No comments: