Saturday, July 25, 2020

Week in the Life {Sleepover, Surprise Visit, New Words, Outside Play}

Sunday, July 19th
We woke up at Grandma and Papa's Sunday morning.  Sleepovers are always a treat.  Evalynn was an absolute bear through the night and I realized it was because she was cutting a tooth - she woke up with tooth #5!!  The other 4 and Mike slept in the camper, which the kids thought was an absolute delight, and woke up to a thunderstorm.  Ev and I were up early because she is a turkey, and we tried to be quiet and not wake Grandma up, but....Ha.
Papa made up french toast and then we spent the morning playing and visiting.  I had the kids take a rest because family was coming for supper and I knew they'd play hard!
Evie had loves for Nannie when she got there!
These boys just play so hard...
We had a great supper, and enjoyed visiting and playing games.
Evie and Uncle Brad...this is my mom's younger brother from ND.
Never enough time when family comes to visit.
Ameliya and Xavier both enjoy heart to heart visits with people.  Renae told me she had a good visit with Xavier and I appreciated how willingly all of the adults included him in their beanbag toss games.  Here, Mia is filling Renae in on life - they were talking about when she was so sick and Renae told Mia she was sure glad she isn't sick anymore and Mia said, "yeah, but I did get a lot of treats when I was," and she giggled and giggled and giggled.  She's not wrong.  She did.  We spoiled her rotten.
We had a late night Sunday, but it was worth it to get to visit with all our immediate family plus our ND folks. 

Monday, July 20th
We started slow Monday after a busy weekend and rested a lot.  The only picture I took all day was of Ev's new tooth - I took it when she was already angry - I didn't make her angry to take it.
Bottom to the left of the middle chiclets.
Zayden completed his pledge memory challenge!
Mike took Zayden and Natalee for their ice cream reward for completing memory challenges and grabbed a couple pics for me.

Tuesday, July 21st
I started my morning out following a pair of our robins.  We have two pairs nearby now!
Breakfast chats with my boy...
We were outside Tuesday evening and I took these sweet pictures of my sweet swinging babies.
Worn out Evie.

Wednesday, July 22nd
I left on a walk while Mike was still home Wednesday morning to try to clear my head and I found this statue.
So honestly, Monday and Tuesday were hard.  Hard, hard days.  Some special needs were striking back, I'd actually had to call Mike home from work for help with a child, and I was in a miry pit.  My sweet friend knew I was in a pit and sinking, and she showed up Wednesday from an hour and a half away, just like it was nothing.  She brought lunch and snacks, she brought a mom cheer bag, but more importantly she brought love and companionship.  She visited with me while I cleaned out my school hutch, we solved all the world's problems (kidding), and the children had a great time with each other.  I took no pictures until the end of the day - right before they left we took the kids to the park and found it to be empty and safe to play.  They had a blast and got hot and sweaty and completely beautifully filthy!
So very thankful.
I made Chelsie take a picture with me before she left - after we were hot and sweaty from the park.  Ha.  Not that I do my hair anyways these days.
Thank you, Chelsie for your selflessness and reminding me I'm not alone.  Love you, friend.
Even Evie was dirty faced when we got home.  She said another new word, though, and has said it consistently the rest of the week.  "diaper"

Thursday, July 23rd
Mike and Natalee had an early morning.  They headed to the city to the orthotist to pick up her new custom shoe inserts.  We're praying these help with some of her recent pain.
Ornery Evie in the morning...
Mike and Natalee were back before we had finished with breakfast!  Mike headed to work and I tackled the junk drawer on our hutch! 
Much more serviceable and ready for school now.
When Mike and I got home from work, Natalee and I went to the shoe store for new shoes.  She sized up half size with her new inserts.  We found her two pairs and I snagged a cute pair of slip on shoes for me, too.
Pair #1 - black with rainbow edges - for "playing, slipping on quickly, and daily use."
Pair #2 - purple!  For "going out."
After supper we went outside to enjoy the evening. 
I played "hammock ball" with the kids, in which the pitcher (me) sat in the hammock and pitched the ball to the children. 
Evie came to help me (we use a wiffle ball in the yard, not a hard ball).
After hammock ball we played peek-a-boo and Evie started repeating the words after us.  I'm in awe of her little brain growing everyday.

Friday, July 24th
Let's see - I spent a lot of time on Marco Polo catching up with my friends on Friday.  I also reminded all the Facebook peeps to be KIND while folks start having to make decisions for schooling as the schools roll out their re-opening plans.
When Daddy came home the kids got in the pool.  I made supper while he watched them, and then he and I (and Ev) actually ate and visited alone while the kids swam.
Then I served them beef stroganoff outside and they got back in the pool!

Saturday, July 25th
A day of sleeping in, lazy mornings, cartoons, and CHORES!  Mia and Zayden were charged with cleaning up the garage, Ruby's cage, litter, etc.  Dad did the lawn.  Mom did the laundry and bathroom (and all the other things mom does in a day).  The chairs got cleaned, bedding got washed, and so many other things. 
The kids swam late afternoon and we had roast and smoked pork that I had frozen a few weeks ago for supper.  I love easy - and I served the soggy kids outside, which meant clean up was easier, too!
Little Sam thought he could use the bug spray on his own and got his eye.  I brought him right in and flushed it out and put him in the shower.  Sigh.  Even "natural" sure left a sting.  Hoping it looks better in the morning.
We did a rotation of showers and making beds and everyone tucked in quite readily after a busy day!

No comments: