Saturday, July 11, 2020

New Wheels!!

The Beelers did a "little" thing this week!...Got ourselves a 🚍bus!

Many of you know I totaled out my Town and Country with a deer the same day we paid it off. 
Ev and I had been down to Missouri for doctor's appointments and to go to the credit union.
Our spirits were so high and we were cheery.
The deer came from the center of the four lane and almost missed me but caught the bumper on the passenger side.  I called my dad and Mike absolutely shaken.  The next few weeks were an insurance nightmare.
All the car seats were totaled out...that was the easiest part of the insurance dealings.
It was a very low moment for me and I had zero heart to vehicle shop for several months. However, as the pandemic has lifted and we've gotten out a bit, we realized fully that it was time to put our heads up and start looking. We knew we needed bigger and there's nothing much in between 7-8 seats and, well, this. Lol.
We got a 2016 12 passenger extended length Ford Transit 350.  There will be a learning curve in driving and maintaining such a vehicle but we're excited!  We are also very thankful to have saved up and been able to pay cash and maintain our debt freedom.
Thank you to my dad for answering our 1000 calls these last several weeks and for going with to check this one over Friday (and fixing our other van when it threw a fit a couple weeks ago). We're so thankful for his care of us and our safety. Love you, Dad.
And thanks to Mike for talking and walking me through the anxiety that goes with me buying a new vehicle (and most everything else I do).
The kids love it - but with all those seats they still choose to seat beside each other today. 

No comments: