Monday, July 1, 2019

Grade Promotion

In Missouri, the school year officially turns over on July 1st.  That is when we start recording hours for the current school year, and so this is when we've always let our kids move up to their next grade.
Last night the big kids asked me if today was the "new grade" day and after I confirmed they asked what we were doing to celebrate.

Uh.....?
Mom had no grand plans.  Mom isn't sure how or when school is starting with a baby coming mid-end of August and some other transitions happening in our lives. 
I was telling my homeschool chat buddies that I felt bad that they were expecting something fun and I failed.  We had swimming lessons this morning, OB appointment this afternoon, and mom was too hot and tired to make much of an effort.

One of my friends suggested ice cream for supper, and that's exactly what I did.  The big kids didn't believe I'd follow through, and I think Xavier is still waiting for me to bring some meat up to his bed to eat.  LOL.

I did make baked chicken for those of us who need protein - that's what I ate, and Natalee had a piece, too, with her ice cream.  (My smart, healthy girl.)

And so...without further ado...the 2019-2020 B.L.I.S.S. Academy scholars...

Natalee, 5th grade....

Xavier, 4th grade...
(he went with all the toppings)

Ameliya, the resident Kindergartener...

And Trouble, Zayden Sam, our ornery Preschooler...


We'll do "first day of school" pictures when we figure out what that looks like for us this year.  But, as of today, July 1st, if you ask these sweeties what grade they are in, they'll make sure to tell you their new grade, because it's a big deal!

No comments: