Sunday, July 14, 2019

Girls' Camp 2019

This was Natalee's third year of attending a local Christian Girls' Camp and she felt like an old pro this year.
She isn't old enough yet to get into one of the newer air conditioned cabins so this was her third year in the dorm.  She anxiously awaits her turn in the cabins but she doesn't complain.  Her fan even broke Thursday night and she still didn't grumble when I picked her up. 

I dropped her off on Sunday, kept as up to date as possible via the Facebook page that the staff runs, and was anxious to get there to pick her up on Friday.

Besides, chapel, Bible lessons, and worship, Natalee got to participate in hiking and nature, a dance class, free time, swim lessons, and free swim.  We love the many opportunities that this camp offers.  She was proud that she got upgraded from a beginner to intermediate swim band and could go in the "middle waters" of the pool.  Swim lessons paying off!  She loves the water and how good it makes her body feel.

Pictures of our girl's week from the camp's Facebook page...

Her flock for the week - the gal in pink/red is her counselor.

Team building, I presume...

Morning exercise (black shorts/gray shirt)

Worship time - I can pick her out towards the mid right.

Games, activities, and classes...
This picture of my worn out girl broke my heart, but maybe she was just resting because the next one was more lively.
She was so pleased to get free time as a choice this year and to find some buddies to play carpet ball with her!

She chose praise dance for her afternoon class and said she had a really good time.  I love her smile in these pictures of their showcase night.
This one is my favorite.

On Friday when Zayden, Mia, and I picked Natalee up, we watched the girls' singing performance before they dismissed.
She was tired, a little dirty, sun kissed, and mosquito eaten, but happy.

I love this pic I grabbed Sunday before I left of Natalee and her friend, Kalyn. 
Thank you to all the Girls' Camp staff and counselors who pour so much into camp each summer.  You are so appreciated.

No comments: