Sunday, December 18, 2016

Cookie Baking!

December 17th was supposed to be a super fun day with Breakfast with Santa and Christmas at Granny and Papa's, but the day dawned with icy fog and conditions so slick you couldn't hardly walk to the mailbox.  The whole day loomed ahead of us and the sad faces were looking at mom to save the day so I we rolled up our sleeves and spent the day in the kitchen baking Christmas cookies.  We made kiss cookies, dye free monster cookies, and, of course, sugar cookies - because what is more fun as a child than using cookie cutters and frosting your own cookies?  I didn't have any vegetable based dye so we just had white frosting and dye free sprinkles, but everyone was happy!  I'm thankful my mom taught me to keep plenty of eggs, flour, sugar, and butter on hand just in case!  


 

The official taste tester...
Actually he only got to taste the monster cookies because they didn't have flour in them!  But he verified they were delicious.

No comments: