Monday, October 17, 2016

The Door

A few weeks back we dug in and redid our front porch and steps.  I wanted to do our front door, but we had to wait until the weather was suitable to having our door off for a couple of days.  This weekend Mike took it off the hinges and sanded it all down and this morning we painted.  My paint choices were between red and teal; red won with Mike's vote.  Now that it's red, I wish it was teal, but if it were teal I know I'd want to see it in red.  Alas, never quite satisfied!  It does look quite smart and fresh!  I opted to do the trim pieces in white - and obviously we need two more!  Mike's on it, I'm certain. 
Putting the panels of glass back proved to be a pain.  Thank you to my father-in-law for persevering through that after Mike went to work!  
(still have to go back and touch up the nail holes)
I learned that one of my panes of glass is an original, heavy beveled pane, while the other two are lightweight flat replacements.  I've dwelt on that more than I care to admit.  See the one beveled pane?...it's driving you crazy now, too, isn't it??  I want 2 more heavy beveled panes!

I actually went with red because I thought it would stand out more behind the screen door.  I was wrong.  However, this winter when we take out the screen and put in the window panels (it's an OLD, beautiful screen door!) I do think it will be a slightly visible. 
Overall, I think I'm happy with it.  But now the backside that is in the house looks so plain...does it ever end?

No comments: