Monday, October 10, 2016

Owl Moon

A friend posted a painting done by her son the other day and told me where to find the tutorial for it, so I looked it up today and set the children to work.  First they watched the tutorial, and then they did their own renditions.  

I let them choose their own colors from my acrylic paints box - Xavier chose to stick close to the tutorial's guide (as close as possible with what we had), while Natalee did her own thing.  Ameliya had a great time mixing the paint and stirring it around and trying to paint her whole paper!
I didn't get any more pictures of the process as I stayed busy the entire time working on supper and trotting back and forth among my little artists.  We added owls, per the tutorial, to the finished products.  Overall, I think they are darling little fall looking paintings!
 Xavier, age 6

 Natalee, age 7

Ameliya, age 2.  She wanted a white tree.  The background is all her own; she placed her hand over mine and we did the tree and owl together.

No comments: