Thursday, March 12, 2015

Devil Eggs

No, not deviled eggs - DEVIL eggs.

A couple weeks ago we cut out wheat/gluten, eggs, and milk from Ameliya's diet.  After a week of letting her cheeks heal, I gave her about five bites of cooked egg yolk.  Wow.  
Just wow.  I started with the food I thought would be the least reactive and it turned out to be the worst. 
I gave her the eggs at breakfast.  Within 30 minutes her face was this color.  These photos were taken at lunch - she was this grouchy all day long.
You could feel the heat in her little cheeks.   It was a sad day.
After letting her heal for a few more days we tried a bit of bread.  No reaction - she did great.
Today I let her have milk again, (I've let her have tiny bits of good dairy all week) and so far so good.  
So - the eggs are her devil food and we'll steer clear for now.  In a few months we might try again but for now I'm so relieved she can have dairy.  I'm also so relieved and happy to see her pretty pretty clear skin everyday.

1 comment:

Shonya said...

Wow! How crazy to have such an immediate reaction! But what a blessing for you to know what it is.