Sunday, July 30, 2023

Weekly Wind Down {Hot Summer Days, Water Play, Beautician in the Making?} July 23-29

Our Sunday started out at church and then Sunday school.  We were supposed to have family day at the pool but Mike had to go to work before Sunday school, so after naps I took the kids to the pool for the last couple of hours that they were open.  I didn't swim this time, just sat on the edge and watched the kids, but they had a good time.
Evalynn got brave enough to go down the little slide without being caught at the end of our time there.  She's getting more comfortable in the water!
Home for supper, showers, and beds...Mike got home a bit after everyone was tucked in.

Monday morning Zayden was up early with me and "kept me company" during my Bible study...
...and my prayer time.  
He wrapped up a gift for his buddy, Dean, and counted down the hours until it was time to play!
While Zayden went with Dean, Mia had Miss Cora over for a couple of hours.  Girls giggling and doing life together bring me a lot of joy.  
First up - nails.
I did dolly's and then put her down for a nap so the big girls could have some time together.
While Mia and Cora played, Natalee and I worked hard on learning friendship bracelets.  This was all the rage at camp during Natalee's week and she was feeling a bit discouraged and frustrated but we got it going and she figured it out.  So proud of her!
Mia and Cora played downstairs, upstairs, and outside.  
Water gun fights...with the sprinkler under the trampoline.
Xavier played for a few minutes, too.
Sweetest friends.
Meanwhile Zayden had a great time with buddies.  They played baseball, cooled off in the pond, and played hard, I think!
Evalynn has been so interested in "beautification" lately....many days she's my hair stylist and my make artist, also.
She loves accessories.  
She's struggling with a bit of hand weakness that's especially noticeable during sit down activities (coloring, cutting, play doh, water guns - she often says "my hands hurt") so any activity that works those little muscles is a go in my book.
The bracelet I made for Natalee.
The bracelet Natalee worked on for me.
Devotions outside to wind down a full Monday.

Tuesday was another hot day.  I got the kids outside early before the heat of the day.  Water guns helped us get a bit more time in before coming in to cool down.
Papa stopped by on his way home from Aunt Annette's and brought frosty treats for everyone.
Grammy Sara and Papa Phil came up to watch Mike play church softball.  Xavier ended up subbing in on the team opposing Mike and it was a fun match up.  I served PB&J, fruits, and veggies from my bag during the games as a hail mary at a "real" supper.
As it turned out, Mike treated us all to Mexican (the PB&Js long gone!) for a late supper before his folks headed back to MO.

Wednesday...a fun breakfast for Ev.  She often eats peanut butter on bananas.  She does not get whipped cream and chocolate chip eyes on the norm.
For the record....I'd gladly make a cute breakfast plate like this for any of my children if any of the rest of them would eat it.
Wednesday brought more heat and more water play.
and mud play 😏
Ameliya has the brain of an artist.
We got a couple of hours of shady outside time in before the heat took over.  We *are* thankful our AC is working well!
Natalee has been reading to Evalynn regularly - picking a large book and treating her to a story a day - my heart is overjoyed when I see my kids intentionally pouring into one another.  Zayden benefited this day, too.
While the kids played downstairs, I cranked up some music, vacuumed, and mopped all the floors.  That shine brings me joy every time, it just never seems to last long.
Mia finished our Wednesday with some no bake cookies as a treat for everyone.  She made them while the big kids and Mike were at youth group and the younger two played.

The only photos from Thursday were one of my big kids enjoying a laid back morning of summer...
and another of the patty melts I made for supper.  I sent the picture to Mike to try to lure him home from work....the days were long for him this week.
We did get a couple of hours outdoors Thursday but it was another hot one.  Hippotherapy was canceled because of the heat.

Friday the temps were a bit more tolerable.  Still high 90s but the younger children had especially had all the indoors they could handle and went out in the morning.
Heat flushed sunny cheeks are my favorite.
Mike sent me this picture from his walk to work.
Friday afternoon Natalee had a zoom appointment and Xavier had discipleship group so Mike helped me balance those two things overlapping and did drop off for Xabe and Jace at the church.  Otherwise the day was pretty average.  I think throughout the week we watched an episode of Little House or Dennis the Menace here or there just to avoid the heat a bit and keep everyone from crabbing at each other.  
We used the sun going down in the evenings as a great time to get outside.  I was so impressed by little Evalynn's balance bike skills!  Look at her go!
Our neighbor's grandkids are staying with them for a couple of weeks while they wait to close on the house they are purchasing so the older four kids have been spending a lot of time playing kickball or tossing the football with them.  So many fun summer memories to be thankful for.  Ameliya got quite a mean sting on her hand Friday evening while sitting in the yard so she went to bed with some ice for the pain.
Friday night the heat finally broke with a rain storm.  Praise!

Saturday we spent the bulk of the day making jam with Grandma!
And now July is by us....

No comments: