Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Happy 4th Birthday, Evalynn!

Ah, our sweet baby girl - happiest of happy birthdays to you and so many blessings for more.
What a privilege to be your mama and an absolute joy to get to bear witness to your life.
{She may be the big 4 but she still woke up in mommy and daddy's bed on her birthday.}
We started Evie's birthday with sausage links and donuts.  And candles....always candles.

Always a happy tribe when the breakfast is special and sugared.
A card from our friend, Kathy!
We opened gifts from the siblings and a couple from mommy and daddy before Dad left for work.
I was so excited to give her this little camera and as it turned out a preschooler with a tiny camera is indeed the cutest thing ever.
After Dad left we got our school day started and Evalynn took dozens and dozens of photos.
In the midst of teaching school and playing with the birthday girl, I started making a birthday cake.  I thought we were doing brownies with M&Ms but then at breakfast she said, "I sure do wish you could make me a cake like the toy one downstairs."  I'm such a sucker.
At lunch I let her open her last little presents that I saved back so that she had something fresh to play with in the afternoon.
While the kids played with Ev, I frosted three tiers of pink cake.  Cakes are not really my thing but I make the effort and hope that the love covers up the crooked layers - and frosting, lots of frosting.
The sprinkle "E" was Zayden's idea and a very sweet one.
We had meatballs, mac and cheese (she specified from a box), and mashed potatoes per the birthday girl's request and I made cooked carrots because we needed color!
She ate, but all she could really think about was that cake.
Oh sweetie.  You are always worth the effort.
Four sweet candles.
The "cake from the playroom" that she wanted replicated.  Nailed it?  LOL
Cake and ice cream...but first she must take a picture of her dessert.
Evie was very tired by bedtime but I think she had a lovely, simple birthday at home.  We are so thankful for you Evalynn Nancy.  More than you'll ever realize.

No comments: