Saturday, December 31, 2022

Weekly Wind Down {The Last Week of 2022, Winter Blitz, Purging and Organizing} Dec 25-31

The last week of 2022 began with church in our hometown and Christmas with our Tallman side of the family.
Monday was Christmas with our Beeler side of the family and back to Iowa in time for bed.
Tuesday morning Zayden was up with the birds building Legos.
Mike took Natalee to early morning OT and then went to work for awhile.  He was scheduled to be off all week, but pipes burst in the sports complex building and in the building that houses his office, so he met his boss over there to tour the damage.
Mia and Evalynn played American Girl dolls, and Evie and Zayden started the morning strong with party mix.  Christmas break vibe.
Natalee and I worked hard in her room midday.  We organized her socks, sorted and purged drawers, washed and put her new sheets on her bed, and cleaned.
Added the satin pillowcase after it air dryed.  Such a pretty bed.
Mia had mid afternoon OT, which Mike took her to, and left me to my cleaning and purging.  Bless him.  The children got outside for a couple hours and played in the snow.
The YMCA had open swim from 4-6, so Mike took the oldest four children to play for awhile.  We decided against all of us going and trying to let Evalynn swim.  Our Y isn't able to warm the pool to a standard level so it's pretty chilly and we knew she wouldn't enjoy it.  Since she didn't go, Mike was able to read poolside and keep his eye on the kids.
While they were gone, Evalynn played and I purged and organized Zayden's drawers.  Every hole-y sock went to the trash and I took out the athletic pants he won't wear (slick ones) since he got more of the soft sweats he prefers for Christmas.

Wednesday the sun was warm and beautiful and we hit the sledding hill bright and early to finish our 1000 Hours Outside challenge.
We spent the afternoon playing games.  We played swoosh while Evalynn napped.
Then Ev got to open one of the family games I had reserved for this week and it was a game for her level.  The boys all played with her while Natalee read a book and Ameliya and I played with her new sewing kit.
I did sew the horn, but she did all the rest.
Ticket to Ride London...

Thursday I left early and wandered around Wal-Mart {mom break}.  I bought lights on clearance for the house for next year and some groceries.  Nothing particularly fun, but just a bit of time away.  When I got back we took down our Christmas decor and put away the outdoor nativity.  Then I purged and cleaned Ameliya's clothes and re-organized them. 
Our friend, Madi, and her little sweetie stopped by on their walk and we got to play with Lindly.  Isn't she a sweetie?
The rest of Thursday was spent just trying to uncover the house and packing Mike and Natalee up for their youth group Winter Blitz trip.  We thought we were going to need to clean the bus because Mike was driving it, but they didn't end up taking it after all so we got out of that chore.

Friday Mike and Natalee left a bit before 8 for their weekend away.
As a bonus to Mike sponsoring, I get pictures of Natalee at the activities.  It sounds like the day was jam packed so I'm sure she slept good.
Back at home I made a big batch of oatmeal pancakes and sausage for breakfast and had plans to get out with the kids and go to the library and do a couple errands.  Xavier woke up with a horrendously stiff neck, however, so I didn't suggest we leave.  He nursed it all day and was in a lot of pain.  It's days like this I desperately wish our chiropractor up here was open on Fridays.  He sure could have used an assist.
We passed the day with too much TV, games, activities, and playing.
The little girls decided to pair up in Natalee's bed at bedtime and have a little sleepover.

Saturday started out sloth-like.  I was up until about 2 a.m., unable to sleep with Mike gone.  I did a foot mask and then finally was able to sleep restlessly.
With our early riser gone, we slept in and then the kids watched cartoons while I dozed even more.  About the time I decided to go make them a big brunch, I checked my phone and had a Snapchat from Grandma Cindy inviting us to meet her for lunch at a town midway between us.  Xavier said his neck was some better, though still stiff, and everyone was game to go, so I threw them cheese sticks to tide them over and we got ready and got on the road.  Lunch was very calm.  The children were all very well behaved and we had such a nice visit with Grandma.  It was a perfect impromptu outing for the final day of 2022.
We drove through Sonic on our way out of town and I got the kids all shakes for the drive home.  Since Evalynn was still awake when we got back to Osky, we stopped at the library to check out books.  I needed the next few in the series I'm enjoying and the kids are always eager to stop.  We all cozied up and read awhile when we got home, and Evalynn rested on the couch but wasn't able to sleep.  
Back at the youth retreat, Mike reported that Natalee is giving it her all with all the activities they've had.  They are supposed to have a party until midnight tonight and I cannot imagine where they'll find the energy to stay up that long after all they've done today.  They'll need a sugar rush or something.  Ha.
I let the kids open one of the final family gifts and it was a Lego City set they'd all exclaimed over one day when we were in the store together.  They worked together so nicely and assembled it and then played contentedly for a long time.
{and yes, Evalynn did put on that Spirit dress at some point on Friday....and slept in it....and wore it out Saturday..... judge not}
Supper was simple leftovers and I didn't plan anything fun for New Year's Eve.  I'm not down or glum - just didn't think ahead enough to make the effort, so that will have to just be good enough this year.  We ate, read, showered, and the kids watched one episode of a show they are enjoying together before bed.
Closing out this year with all our family's love to you.  Praying you joy and most importantly Jesus in 2023.

No comments: