Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Monday {Family Picture Day}

Monday {Sept 13th} was another beautiful sunny day at the beach, and herein lied my second mistake of beach vacation weather.  It was actually the same as I mentioned from Sunday - don't take the weather for granted.  I had booked us a Monday sunset family photo session on the beach and I wanted the children to be happy and not too tired (they were beat Sunday!), so I suggested we not take them down to the water.  Monday turned out to be our last day of waters calm enough to enter, and since we didn't take the children down it was the last opportunity for boogie boarding and wading in the Gult.  I'm disappointed that I didn't use it to it's fullest.

I was up before anyone else, so I went down for a morning walk on the beach by myself.

Just me and the shore birds...
Good morning, babies...
We got the good out of the balcony!
We did take some time Monday midday to walk around to some of the local shops and do our souvenir shopping - everyone got a Christmas ornament, and shirts and a hat, and other treasures were found!
Game time...
We took our time to primp and get ready - although the beach breeze kinda does it's own thing to your hair, ya know?
We saw the coast guard running drills while we were prepping!
Waiting for our photographer in the lobby.
Can you practice your smile, Evalynn?
Annnnnnd, this was about her behavior for the session, too.  She was a mood.

Our photographer was a blessing - put us all at ease right away and was not a bit put off by our family size.  Evalynn really was quite difficult, especially for as darling as she can be, but she was recovering from that sniffle and she was away from home and she's just very very two.
Regardless, Nicole captured some darling shots, and the other four children deserve much praise - they were so well behaved and seemed to almost enjoy doing this for mom.
Oh Zayden - the age of the forced but obedient smile, and sandy toes.  My son, how I do love you and that I can still see your little boy-ness come out.
Lovely Ameliya with the mermaid wave hair and all the accessories.  You are precious, darling.
 Natalee - lover of the water and growing us so quickly.  So glad I got to experience the beach with you!
Xavier - our big helper, handsome oldest son - you give so much of yourself and I take you too for granted.  I love you so much, son.
One of about two smiles she gave us - such a squinky one, too.
Evalynn - you are life and love and bring us so much joy - on your own agenda.
Love of my life - thank you for our vacation.
Little Sam, digging in the sand, constantly during pictures. 
After pictures we fed the troops and then rewarded them with a nighttime swim.
Mia got braver each time we got in the water!
We were the only evening swimmers!
Floating solo!!

No comments: