Thursday, April 8, 2021

Happy 40th Birthday, Mike!

The handsome love of my life turned 40 on Easter Sunday.  Since the day was full of extended family celebrating, we waited until we got home and I planned a birthday supper for him on Monday evening.

Mike, I tease you about your hair slowly thinning, or the gray in your beard, but please hear my heart when I tell you that you're only getting better with age.  The crinkles near your eyes - evidence of the laughs brought on by joy and our life together.  The graying - so distinguished and shows the wisdom life has given you.  

(We counted his candles by 10s - wink.)

We have walked through fire together and there is no one, absolutely no one, I'd rather have at my side.  You are strong and calm and you exude patience and love.

Happy, happy, birthday, honey, and here's to many more.

 

No comments: