Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Zayden (age 3) Can Write!

Tonight Zayden came up to me and said, "I made you this picture!  Can you tell me how to write mommy?"  I started spelling for him, expecting to have to physically show him how to make the letters.  Surprise of all surprises that he was able to form likenesses of every letter I said!
He went on to write Daddy (backwards),
Xavier,
Mia,
and Natalee.
So often I see glimpses of his big boy self that remind me he is not a toddler anymore.  He is growing up.
On the front of each paper, he had done a fashion plate rubbing for the designated person.  Our kids love fashion plates but we only have the girl ones.  Tonight Zayden asked me why they are all for girls and no boys - which sent me on a hunt - and now one of these manlier sets are on our wishlist for the future!
Action Heroes
Adventure Designs
He's right - fashion plates are fun and shouldn't just be girly!

I tested him out to see if he could write his name and sure enough, he did a pretty sharp job for a little guy.
Zayden Sam, we love you.  You are smart and witty and ornery and full of life and you don't miss anything!  But....what will mommy teach you if you are determined to learn it all yourself? 😉

No comments: