Sunday, May 31, 2015

{B.U.S.Y. Week}

This week...whew!

We've all had runny noses, go figure, perhaps because we've fought constant moisture and rain all week.

We've also worked our hind quarters off...my sister bought a house and we spent last weekend spic and spanning it...then Monday (Memorial Day) I still had the cleaning bug and Mike and I finally rearranged the house.  The girls are sharing a room, Xavier has his own space, and Mike and I have our own room again (until baby 4 moves in!).  

The kids did some mattress sliding while we cleaned and rearranged...
 
After sleeping in our bed/the pack-n-play since moving out of the co-sleeper we finally set up Mia's crib.  She's done AMAZING in it with sissy in her room...
(and it turns out she's quite handy with the allen wrench).
 
 (^her face^)
It was a long couple of days of work.  Props to my hubby for doing so much heavy lifting and really helping me get done what I needed done just so I'd be happy.  
We sold and gave away several toys and some pieces of furniture.  I sometimes get frustrated at our lack of space and then remind myself that people are more important than things.  Fitting our troops in this little house while God has us here is what really matters.  

I also hosted a super fun Usborne Facbook on Monday and LOVED helping Mama's pick out books for their sweet children.

Our strawberries are ripening and the kids are LOVING picking them everyday.  Just enough to eat on daily...
 
Wednesday, Nannie dropped off a belated birthday present for Mia - a sun shade tent.  She loved it and had feelings about me taking it down.

The rain cleared enough for us to catch my nephew's first ballgame of the season.  He's the youngest on the team but definitely held his own!

Friday, Mike drove to pick up my new (to me) van.  Room for all 4 and the ability to load them without standing on my head!
This van was purchased at the expense of our planned trip to NYR.  My husband's sacrifice in this does not go unnoticed by me.  He heard our need and made a decision for our family.  Thank you, Mike, for always taking care of your family first.

Saturday Natalee and I went to watch my sweet niece, Emma, at her yearly dance recital.  She's growing so much each year...

The rest of the week was simply spent trying to keep up.  The big kids have been busy making their rooms just right and I've tried to stay a step ahead, or at least beside, Ameliya.  Her smarts impress me and I'm working daily to train her to use the things she knows for "good."  She can follow one step directives (put the clothes in the hamper, the paper in the trash, the toy away) but is also trying out a few new ornery, exploratory behaviors.  Keeping clothes on her has been impossible lately and she's trying her hand at climbing...
   
She's convinced she's one of the "big kids."
Ah!  So stinking cute!

We are continually working on showing her things she *can* do...every day she increases our patience...
 She *can* help, she *can* play, she *can* be silly...


...and she can be preciously sweet...

We're hoping to get in some baseball this week (stay away, rain!), I'm hoping to finish up some school lesson planning, and the kids want to paint (and I'm going to follow through and get it out!).  Another fun week ahead of us but hopefully not *quite* as busy as the last one!!  

No comments: