Thursday, June 25, 2009

Ma Ma Ma Mama

She said it!
MAMA!
If you don't think she's referring to me, don't think it sounds like mama, or have any other negative comments then leave this site now!
This mama's proud!!



May I never forget...
I was fixing your supper...you were waiting in your high chair and, as is your nature, you were doing your "whiny cry." Not a full fledged tantrum, but you were hungry and I was hurrying. Like I usually do, I'd pulled your chair to the kitchen doorway so you could watch me warm your food. On the menu: mango banana, sweet potatoes, and pasta primavera (with a bottle, of course). You were babbling, fussing, and waiting as patiently as you could. And then I heard it--clear as day--"Mama." I was so caught up in what I was doing that for a few seconds it rolled right through me, and then I realized what I'd heard. I stuck my head in the doorway and asked you, "What did you say?" You grinned--still hungry and impatient. Then you fussed again and bubbled it out once more--"ma ma ma mama."
At first, you would only say it when you were fussing. I fed you supper and you didn't say it any more, until I went to wash your face. You got angry with me for wiping you down and then it came again..."ma ma ma mama."
You little turkey.
All night long tonight you've practiced your new word and made mommy's heart (and head) swell with pride. I caught this tape of you "talking" to daddy right before bedtime. I've been called many things in my 23 years--Jenni, Miss Jenn, daughter, GiGi...but, sweet girl, none compare to tonight when you truly made me yours.
I love you, my Natalee Cynthia...
Always & forever,
Mama

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is gifted! and adorable!
Lauren

Anonymous said...

You are so special sugar and we both love you very much.

Diane Melvin said...

There are no camparisions to watching and hearing your child do their "firsts". Congrats on your incredible moment!

Bree Shaw said...

that is definetly one of the greatest things in the world to hear. congrats to you! this video and your post made me swell up with tears. especially when she said mamamama and then looked right at you and the camera and grinned great big!

Andrea Frederick said...

I love it! Now we're have to start working on Na-Na-Nannie! I miss her, she needs to come visit!