Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Baby Swim--Thousand Word Thursday

Cheaper Than Therapy

A review of Baby Swim, as narrated by Natalee (with Mommy's help)...

Tonight we had our first baby swim class. Mommy decided she would go with me the first time so Daddy was in charge of pictures. When we first got there they let us get warmed up by playing with our mommies (well, one little boy had his daddy).

Then we sat on the side and sang "This is the way we wash our..." and mommy splashed me with pool water. Next we learned a signal for when the parents say it's okay for us to get in the water. Mommy decided to use a 1-2-3 count. We practiced a couple of times. As you can see, I'm the tiniest tot in the class but I kept with those big guys!!
After the song the parents learned different ways to hold us in the water. Then we got to play with balls! I was supposed to throw that ball as far as I could in the water so mommy could help me swim on my tummy after it...I decided to make sure it passed the taste test first. Mommy threw it in for me and we got busy.
I did a good job keeping my eyes on the green ball and putting my arms out in front of me like a real swimmer! After the game with the ball we did some other activities that I wasn't quite big enough for. I did have fun watching Mommy & the other kids do them, though. Mommy showed me how to blow bubbles and I watched some of the big guys put their whole face in the water! Someday I'll be able to do that.
Next, Mommy propped me up against her and we worked on perfecting my back float. I took it very seriously and found it quite relaxing. Mommy had to work hard showing me how to kick my legs real big!

The last part was my favorite! We played Ring-a-Round-the-Rosie! We'd done it earlier in class but this last time I really got a tickle from it. I splashed and giggled and got ALL wet!
Mommy even gave me a pretty good dunking at the last "ashes, ashes we all fall down" and I loved it!
All in all I had a great time at swim class. I was a little sleepy because it was almost nap time but I trooped right through and stuck with it. 30 minutes is a long time for a 6 month old lady to stay in a semi-structured class in the water and Mommy & Daddy are very proud of how I did! I have 5 more classes to go and I can't wait!!
(p.s. Thank you, Levi, for the swim diapers! And thank you, Sara June, for my snuggly duck towel that wrapped me all up after I got out of the water!)

13 comments:

Andrea Frederick said...

sounds like great fun! great narration....

Mel Fraase said...

How fun, she looks like a water baby already! I hope she will enjoy the rest of the classes!!

Suburban Hooker said...

How cute!!! I'm sure she'll be swimming like a fish in no time at all. She's also quite an impressive narrator!!!

Janis @ SneakPeek said...

Aww, looks like fun. Enjoy your summer swim classes.

Corin said...

Levi says your welcome. And would also like to warn you that pool waters not for drinking. He tried it and was not impressed.

I am Harriet said...

I remember those days.
Don't you just love when they splash your glasses?

http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/06/lovin-thursday.html

Suzy said...

Little babies in theit swim-wear! Gets me every time.

Great pics!

Brittany said...

How cute. Looks like she had fun!

Bree Shaw said...

looks like lots of fun. glad you enjoyed it little girl:)

Michelle J said...

I wish I would have done this with my daughter. She is 12 and still can't swim.

Jennifer said...

How fun is that! Love it!!

MediMonsters said...

Great pictures!! Looks like she loves it.

Marla said...

adorable