Tuesday, January 27, 2009

one for the memory books

AHHHH...
what a nice, relaxing, fun night we had tonight.

My mom called this afternoon and invited us out for supper. We usually go out for Sunday lunch but the weather was crummy so we got together tonight since it's been a couple of weeks since we've all been together. Anyways...we had a YU-U-UMMY supper. Fried chicken, mashed taters, white gravy, corn, green beans (just realizing that I don't think the green beans ever got passed to me), cole slaw...mmmm! After dinner we tried the chocolate cake in a mug...it was okay...not as delightful as I'd hoped (sorry Corin/Stacey) but satisfied my chocolate craving.

The 'boys' and kids watched a movie while we gals cleaned up supper. Natalee took a snooze in the chair with Papa that looked something like this (I took this a week ago Sunday...he's gonna spoil that girl but I'm told that's what Papas do!).
Then the sistas, mom and I sat down to play Catch Phrase (Mike wandered in to listen to all the commotion). WHAT A HOOT! My baby sister used words like crustacean...Andrea guessed things like astronaut (when the right answer was Muslim...she might have been a little off)...and my mom got Fred Astaire right when all I said was "I think he's a singer...or maybe a dancer." Oh...you had to be there, & I'm glad I was! It's one of those nights that was unplanned, simple, and that you remember forever & ever.

(Lauren, what was the one you didn't get when I drew the box on the table and told Andrea you were in it and she'd have to work hard to get you out of it?...my memory stinks!!)

3 comments:

Bree Shaw said...

i love catch a phrase! we play it a lot at family things. isn't it so funny to hear everyones clues and answers? glad you got to enjoy and great night with family!

Andrea Frederick said...

I had lots of fun too. I can't remember why Lauren was in the box...but I think I should have been in there. Apparantely I need to brush up on my science and jh english!

Anonymous said...

umm...believe it was sanitary landfill and all i could get was sanitary barrel/ditch?? lol
after my prompt of feminine napkin lol
Lauren