Monday, July 28, 2008

thoughtful thoughts

i've had a lot of time to think this week with my husband away & only my mind to keep me company...as i was drying my hair a thought came to me:
if i would focus on the 'what ares' instead of the 'what ifs' i'd probably have a life much more conducive to creating happiness
i'm struggling right now to release the worries that rattle in my head & to truly trust what God has in store for us as a family & me as an individual...i've always been the type of person that lets worry stir in my stomach...i can make myself sick over the littlest things. i'm working on this part of my character that causes me so much anxiety.
so tonight i was reading back through my prayer/thoughts journal & came across a list i made around thanksgiving time...these are some of the 'what ares' of my life that i focused on that day that i am still thankful for:
  • for a faithful husband who loves me more than i love myself
  • for Colby, who makes his affection scarce so that when I receive it, it is a truly special moment
  • for parents who never stop loving, forgiving, or giving
  • for Emma, who loves to love and be loved
  • for my job, because I know I am making a difference
  • for sisters who know when to cheer me up and how to be a friend
  • for the hope and promise of eternity
  • for a Father who never gives up on me
  • that my list of things to be thankful for could go on for pages and pages--how truly blessed I am...
here's hoping that today you can think of the 'what ares' that make your life special !

No comments: