Thursday, July 31, 2008

1 1/2 days left...

...till my husband comes home!! this week i've learned that i rely on mike for too many things. for example, i never really make decisions on my own--i always consult with him over every cent i spend & every choice i make. that's a big part of the reason i think this week has been so stressful for me...he's the rock i prop my big 'ole self on and when he's gone i fall over. he's never made me feel like i have to consult with him, but for some reason i always do. i'm slowly learning to live a little on my own, although this week has been one of the longest and lonliest in my life. i can't wait to get up at the butt crack of dawn on saturday to head down to lancaster to pick up my tired, dirty husband and his tote full of dirty laundry...it's true that time spent apart does make the heart grow fonder. even though he'll need to sleep most of the day it'll just be a relief to have his presence in the house.

i have a dr. appt. this afternoon...meeting one of the new docs in the office. i'll eventually meet all of them so that whoever is on call when i go into labor will be familiar with me (and i with him). mom's going with me because, once again, i can't do anything on my own (what a weeny i am!). whatever the case, i'm grateful i don't have to go by myself...i'm ready for the company of someone after being by myself all week!

No comments: