Saturday, November 12, 2022

Weekly Wind Down {Power Washing, Birthday Bowling, End of Indian Summer} Nov 6-12

Sunday started with church and class.  Zayden's sweet Sunday school teacher messaged me earlier in the week and told me she likes to get cupcakes for the kids' birthdays.  We are always so humbled and thankful when someone loves our children.  It's the best way to love me, too.
Having had a little too much sugar and a bit of food dye, Zayden was properly rambunctious and difficult to get along with Sunday afternoon.  Mike enlisted him to help repair a power washer that had been given to us and they got it running!  Then they washed the brick on the front of the house and it looks terrific.  Zayden was a great worker!

Sunday school cupcakes!
The other children played outside while Zayden and Daddy worked and overall they got 4 hours of fresh air.  Very thankful to be getting that in November!

Monday started a calm week of school.  Evie got out her markers while the big kids got started on their days.
Tapple was our morning time game.
I got out the gumball machine for Evie to play with during read alouds.  Pennies and wooden balls make for a fun activity.
Monday's supper was beef roast, carrots and potatoes, and peas.  I thickened the broth and made gravy and Evie had me get her a bowl of the with some peas and carrots in it and made herself "soup."  Girlfriend loves soup!
Natalee and Xavier conducted FaceTime grandparent interviews Monday evening for a writing project they are working on.
Monday evening Natalee had swim and the boys went to wrestling.

Tuesday was lovely.  A nice calm day at home.
Zayden was on full out birthday countdown.  I woke up to this note on the white board.
More markers!
Waste not, want not....one quart of beef broth for the freezer.
For game time, we took turns playing Yeti in my Spaghetti with Evalynn and 7 Ate 9 together.
It's always interesting to me to see what they children choose to do during read aloud time.
After morning time, I dedicated a little one on one time to Evalynn while the older children got rolling with school.
Zayden and Mia took brain breaks for a little sensory fun.
Zayden telling me about his reading lesson.
Stamps have been a favorite activity for Evalynn.
Bedtime treat...

We finally got the almost 7 year old in bed, but he was so excited for his birthday he got up and came to our room so we couldn't start the birthday without him.
Wednesday Zayden turned 7!
Skate park, lots of food, loads of fun.  We love this guy!
Zayden had the most beautiful weather for his birthday.
Evie conned Papa into a story while he was visiting the birthday boy.

Thursday's weather was so gorgeous we had to have breakfast outside.
Natalee had hippotherapy and, after a quick rain shower, we played outside trying to soak in the last bits of warm weather we were gifted.
Mia's lovely city.
We stayed outside when we got home and I felt almost desperate for the warmth to stay.  Alas, it didn't, and we could feel in the matter of a couple minutes on Thursday afternoon when the temperature dropped almost 20 degrees and the cold front came chasing.
Water books were Evie's choice activity on Thursday....by candlelight.
Thursday night everyone was home together and that's my favorite.  We caught up on our World Watch news that we were a bit behind on and enjoyed being home.  
Evalynn has conquered this nativity puzzle!  Smart girlie!
And the cold front brought us freezing rain and bits of snow.  What a way to come in.

There was excitement in the air about the "snow" on the ground Friday morning.  I had my own excitement to get my day going.  No injuries and I kept my temper in check.  Proof that prayers work.
I couldn't deny the children the opportunity to go outside.  The three youngest lasted 10 minutes in the wind, checking out the "snow."  They were ready for warm oatmeal when they come in.
But her smile...
In warm sweaties and ready for the day.
Mike snagged us a box of boneless skinless chicken breasts on sale - 40 pounds for $50.  They needed trimmed and rebagged for the freezer so I dug into that on Friday morning.  Bulk amounts of meat isn't my joy, but I'm thankful for food in the freezer.
After the chicken, I scrubbed and disinfected myself and the kitchen and Natalee and I both made muffins.  I made pumpkin and she made double chocolate for home ec.
Friday's supper was a big all American meal with our thanks to our veterans.  Mashed potatoes and gravy, fried chicken, corn, green beans, and hot rolls.  Mia washed and cut all the potatoes.
After a busy Friday, Mike offered to take the other four children to open gym while Natalee was at swim.  God bless.  I worked on reading through some books for school and took a shower, but I sure appreciated the stillness.  Sometimes my brain just gets full.
Xavier played a pick up game with some other kids at the gym.
Showers for everyone and warm PJs to bring in a cozy Saturday.

The children watched cartoons and did chores Saturday morning and I was admittedly lazy.  Mike encouraged me to take the morning and just chill and even brought me breakfast in bed.  I took him up on the offer.  I don't know if I'm still just struggling with the time change or what but I have been just so tired for a solid week.
Lauren arranged for us to meet mid way to celebrate Zayden's birthday with Theo.  I ended up inviting Mia along and so off we set on our adventure.
We had an hour drive and then first stop, Pizza Hut.  The boys were wound for sound but they all ate!
After the bellies were full we went bowling!
The kids did a combo of bowling on their own and using the ramp for guidance.  There were no bumpers but they did fine and we had a great time!
The silliness was high.
Pretty high scoring game.  LOL.
Aunt Lauren brought cupcakes and we scrubbed up hands and had a treat before parting to go opposite directions.  Living apart is hard and I'm thankful for intentionality - especially when I'm in a fatigued stupor and can't get it together myself!
A tired birthday boy on the way home!
What a great way to end the week.

No comments: