Sunday, March 20, 2022

Weekly Wind Down {Whirlwind Week!} Mar 13-19

The week started brimming over with activity.  

We worshipped Sunday morning and then went back to the church in the afternoon for a double baby shower for our friends.

Both Landon & Madi and Zach & Chelsea are expecting baby girls and we're so privileged to get to be a part of their lives.  
I took a few spare minutes to quick clean the bus.  My folks got us the Milwaukee shop vac for Christmas and it makes it easy to do a quick clean.  I didn't pull all the car seats but I did pull Evalynn's.  Shudder.  I will say the line of grime was mostly synthetic sand from the hippotherapy barn.  Girlfriend loves to go see the horses instead of stay in the waiting area.  Sign of a life happily lived.  
Our friends came over for supper and to visit.  Chelsea braided Ev's hair - it didn't stay but Evie sure was proud while it lasted.  
Landon and Madi went home to bed at a sensible hour (and I tucked our kids in on time) while Zach and Chelsea, Mike and I stayed up waaaayyyy too late visiting.  We talked parenting, theology, and many things in between until the clock said it was Monday.  Oops.  Did I mention it was "spring forward" weekend?

Monday morning we had to get up and get rolling for co-op.  Mike helped me pack quick lunches and I had made sure that my art box and the kids' backpacks were packed Sunday afternoon so that we could get out as easily as possible.  Evalynn had the only meltdown of the morning, which isn't bad considering time change and a busy Sunday the day before.
I taught about George Seurat in art class and the students tried their hands at pointillism painting.
I had wonderful visits with several of the other moms during my time in the nursery and then while the children were at book club and I was supervising JH game time.  That left my cup feeling full - I'm so thankful for new friendships.
{cutie little friends having their lunches}
After co-op we went to Aunt Annette's.  The kids were so excited to see her St. Patrick's Day decorations.  She had laid out quite a feast with an ice cream sundae bar, which overjoyed the natives.
We had a really good visit and drove home in the beautiful weather to find Mike working on supper.  Lucky me!
The kids got about an hour of time to play in the yard before coming in to shower and get to bed for another full day.
Tuesday was homeschool day at the capitol and a full day of running around.  We were so thankful to all be together and enjoy the freedom of homeschooling!
The kids all had money to spend but I think only Natalee ending up parting with any at Target.  We sure did enjoy browsing, though.
Wednesday was a day at home.  #bless
And it was gorgeous!
We did a bit of bookwork, mostly outside, and then I released the natives into the wild.  
Mia had OT and Mike took her on his lunch break.
Ev sure wants to be big enough to run Zayden's digger.
My sons playing 1-on-1.  I love them.
Natalee and Zayden decided to wash their bikes.  Mysteriously the front of the house got washed when Zayden had the hose.  Strange.
Aunt Penny came over with Jace and Rogan and offered for our older ones to go on a bike ride with her.  She's such a good sport!  While the big kids rode, I hung out with this beauty.
Sunshine looks good on her.
I hung up the platform swing.  It's such a relaxing spot.
Zayden took a crash and got quite a bit of road rash.  Aunt Penny is so kind and brought him all the way back to me.  I met her and saved her one big hill to ride up, but I know it was still a big effort.  The boys stayed to play awhile and we got out the popsicles while everyone cooled down.
Four square!
Some of my favorite days are the ones that end with dirty feet, streaked faces, and the actual physical need for showers!  We logged over 6 hours outside on Wednesday.
Poor Zayden...he tries so hard to keep up with the big boys and then overdoes it.  His road rash faded quickly and one day of cream and wraps took the pain out.
Thursday was a nothing day.  We made a little more effort at our books and enjoyed a day of no outside demands.
Evalynn was a bit demanding, however, and finally settled on markering, cutting and gluing.
Thursday night I felt very grateful and took this picture to remember that feeling.  Grateful for a big table full of my people, good healthy food to fill their bellies, and conversations that I hope they remember forever.  
We've been working through these two books for our family devotions and like them both a lot for different reasons.  Sometimes I read to them while they finish supper, sometimes we try to have everyone showered and meet in the living room at 8.
An episode of State Plate to finish the night.  We learned about Washington and Alaska this week so we watched Washington State Plate.  We have also subscribed to World Watch and are really enjoying the 10 minute daily news segments.  It gives us a lot to discuss but isn't overwhelming.  
I took this picture just before midnight on Thursday.  All day long Evalynn had just been a bit extra.  Glued to my hip, constantly in my business.  I'd kind of set her aside all day, just trying to get through my activities and chores, and just before midnight she woke up to go potty and then proceeded to just meltdown.  She came to me, crying, and asked, "mommy, couldn't you rock me?"  Bless it, baby.  I apologized to her sleepy head for not giving her enough all day.  Somedays there doesn't seem like enough to give, but I could have done better.  And I took this picture to remember the sweetness of rocking this two year old who is growing up much much too quickly.
Friday morning we jumped into school and then tidied the house for visitors.  We had originally planned on attending the wedding of a sweet friend, but our minivan has been out of commission and getting worse so it had to be fixed instead of us traveling.  It poured rain all day and was a very gray day, but we were cheery because Lauren, Theo, and Artie were coming to see us.
Artie is a full fledged toddler and it was fun to see him warm up to our house.  I put up the air fort for him and that was fun!
Lauren and Artie headed back Friday afternoon, but left Theo with us for a couple of days.  Honestly when the boys are together, you hardly see either of them, but they did surface occasionally.  Mike spent the day in Missouri working on replacing the rack and pinion in the minivan with my Dad, so I made personal pan sourdough crust pizzas for the crew for supper before getting everyone showered and tucked in.
Saturday morning wasn't too warm and excited little boys didn't sleep in too much.  After everyone got fed it was off to the indoor track at the campus to spend some energy.  We are thankful to be allowed access to the indoor track again after COVID kept us out for a couple of years.
After a bit of running the little boys walked with me while we finished enough laps to equal a mile.  This was about the only time that I got to talk with Theo and enjoyed getting to catch up with him.  He told me about reading and school, about his friends, and asked lots of questions about the campus.
We came back for some lunch and then a nap for Evalynn, games, and play time.
The girls worked on their Diamond Art pictures.
Finally at around 5 the wind died down and the temps hit their high of 55, so we slipped outside for fresh air and to use up a little more of that energy.  The kids introduced Theo to four square, and then he and Zayden spent a lot of time on the trampoline.
Mia loves this surfer swing.
I served burritos outside and they all ate quickly in favor of a few more minutes of play time before it got dark.
The yard was too muddy to play in, but I did surrender to the little boys playing in the wet sand.  It was calling to them like dirt often does to little boys.
And then.....more showers, more prayers, more tucking, more I love yous, more hugs, and sleep did come easier since we used up more of that energy.
A beautiful flurry of a week filled with people we love.

No comments: