Monday, January 4, 2021

Week In the Life {Light Table, Snow, the Horse Wall, & More}

 Sunday, December 27th

I got this little outfit for Evalynn for Christmas and I'm quite smitten with her in it.  Little smocks and jumpers are making a comeback. 

After worship we spent the day playing with our Christmas things.  Ev is getting to know the light table and loving it.
I went to Dollar Tree to get a few activities for the light table.  The key is "translucent" items.  They had the most adorable little ponies that were translucent.

Monday, December 28th
Zayden was quite upset on Sunday because no one would play Speedy's birthday party with him so mom came in clutch on Monday.
Mike and I worked on hanging Natalee's horse photo wall - I do love how it came out.  I painted all the frames white and rose gold and painted the mirror rose gold.  We hung the mirror low above her desk so she can use the desk for school, drawing, and for fixing her hair and make-up when she desires.  She also got a desk chair for Christmas but my bum was in it taking the pictures.
Mia loves the horse photos, too.

Tuesday, December 29th
The tooth fairy made quite a fancy show out of Mia's latest dollar.
Little Evalynn took a big crash Monday night into the end table when playing chase with Zayden leaving quite a shiner on her cheek.
Micro machine super city!  I do love when these two play so cooperatively with each other.
Big, fluffy snow!  We went out to play before it changed to ice.
I made Evie some hair gel sensory bags for her light table and she likes them a lot.  One has glitter and googly eyes, one has craft poms, and the last has pony beads in it.  They are quite fun on the light table.
This girl.  Climb, climb, climb.  But really - light tables are so fun for sitting on.  Full sensory experience.

Wednesday, December 30th
Just another calm day of Christmas break.  We discovered Evalynn likes chicken salad.
But also, this.  Little darling and her shadow.  Isn't she just precious?

Thursday, December 31st
These three cuties made a snow fort!
Natalee and Xavier finished their Home Alone simple machines unit by constructing 2 simple machine booby-traps to protect their home against invaders.
I spent Thursday afternoon baking and making treats for the upcoming Beeler Christmas.  While I was working, the cookies that I had left to cool on the table got snitched!
I've never let her have an iced cookie - I always save some back without frosting for her.  But, of course, she plucked an iced one.  Ha.  She wasn't in the least bit sorry.
We did not stay up until midnight, nor did we plan any big fun events.  Being a "fun" mom is something I need to try harder at, I suppose.

Friday, January 1st
Happy New Year.
I wasted the first day of my new year by sulking.  I had made up my mind that we'd go down to Missouri a day early to see my folks and the weather changed my plans.  Homesickness set in and I really struggled with my big feelings.
Evie playing sweetly with her baby was balm to my heart.

Saturday, January 2nd
The weather did clear well enough for us to make our way to Missouri and we enjoyed our time there very much.  Even though my original plans were sullied, the weekend was not and we're grateful we got to go.

No comments: