Sunday, May 17, 2020

Week in the Life {Mother's Day, Parades, The Perfect Pout, Baby Training}

Sunday, May 10th
Happy Mother's Day.  Mike was going to let me sleep in, but little Zayden Sam was at my bedside before 8 wanting to know if I was ready to wake up so he could give me the gift he and Daddy had made for me.  What do you say when he's so cute and excited?
I awoke to perler bead creations, homemade cards, and the cardinal nesting box Zayden and Daddy had made in the garage.
The children were very sweet.  
Mike and I called our moms, and though we wished we could be with them, it was nice to talk to them at least.
We are going to paint this white and hang it up.  We have a cardinal so maybe they'll want to stay around and build a nest!
Cheesiest baby...
Evie has started "reading" books - I love this stage!
Our Colby Curtis also celebrated his 18th birthday.  Here's a throw back to one of our sweet memories...
I cannot remember what day Theo called Zayden, maybe Sunday....but he asked me a question about dinosaurs, I looked in one of my USborne books, and from there we had video chat story time.  LOL.  It was such fun to interact with him that way.  We sent him a box of Usborne books for his birthday after I saw how much he enjoyed good books.

Monday, May 11th
Some of us were not ready for Monday morning...
...but some of us were!
Doing that school thing with the girls.
Prepping for Theo's birthday parade.
We drove 2 hours to surprise Theo for a birthday parade.
After Theo's parade, we met Nannie on the side of the cul-de-sac so she could give Mia her birthday present.  Barbecue chips (we've had a hard time getting them here) but more importantly a new kitty to love!
Andrea also sent sweet memories for Mike to keep tucked into his Bible.  I sent her a picture of a card Betty had sent us and she used the inscription to make these.
And an oatmeal pie from my dad.  Not a bad night!

Tuesday, May 12th
Breakfast time...

Zayden uses a lot of his daily focus to follow the directions to build Lego sets.
I made General Tso's chicken for supper - something new - and it got mixed reviews.  It was spot on to taste in the restaurants!

Wednesday, May 13th
Mom was scrambling so I served Grandpa's oatmeal pie for breakfast.  No complaints.
Evie  needed a bath after breakfast.  Then a nap.  What a life.
Mia had a review about telling time.  We used our time stamp and made posters for each hour of the day.
Mia also read her last reader for Kindergarten SSRW curriculum!
Puzzle time!
Evie took of her headband and put it back on herself.  Smartie.
Xavier and Dad tossed the football around when Dad took a break from work.
Banana bread for snack and one for breakfast the next day.
We made a new kind of sheet pan pancakes for supper (the cinnamon and chocolate chip ones) and everyone liked them.
Evalynn learned to use a straw.

Thursday, May 14th
Training this peaches is a full time job.  She's looking might cute in her new outfit from Grammy, though.
I've determined she may not touch this lamp shelf.  She tests it everyday.  No, no, Evie.  See the lip?
Oh my, that pout is legit.
Xavier was babysitting.  She took full advantage of his kindness.

Friday, May 15th
Working on our banner for Colby's graduation parade.
We got distance visits from Aunt Annette and Aunt Beth!  Both brought us treasures!  How loved we are.
I told Zayden to put a hat on to keep the sun out....technically he did, I guess.
Nothing more manly than a man making supper.
Hello, Mr. Cardinal (top edge of trampoline)...

Saturday, May 16th
We got up early to drive down to Colby's high school graduation parade.  Our kids haven't had cause to get up early for anything in a long time.
Such a nice sunshine-y day for a parade.
We stayed distanced but it was still nice to see everyone.
Hello, Sniders!
Congratulations, Colby!
We went to Mike's Grandma's house after the parade, and then headed back down home.  It was a day full of very big feelings for me, and I struggled to get out of my funk.  Mike encouraged me to get outside with my people and, it didn't fix things, but it helped.
 
After I showered, I went back out to listen to my cardinal friend sing.

No comments: