Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Caught Me (& Last Busy Bag)

Xavier's virus caught me yesterday.  Like a ton of bricks it sat on me and suffocated the life right out of me.  By the time Mike got home my temp was the equivalent of 102+ ish (my normal temp is around 97, so a reading on the thermometer of 101.1 means I'm feeling pretty crummy), and I was immobile on the couch.  I'd called my mother in law after she got off work and she came over and took the kids to her house until Mike could get them.  My kids are pretty good kids...I was feeling that bad that I sent them away from me.  That's pretty bad.

All night long I sweated and moaned and hoped Jesus was returning.  Seriously - I'm glad I was able to be kind and gentle instead of impatient when my kids were sick because this virus is AWFUL.  On Monday Natalee came down with it.  I was supposed to have an OB check up but canceled because we were experiencing a thundersnow and she had a 103 temp.  She seemed to bounce back quickly but I'm not bouncing as fast.  Maybe it's cuz I'm ooollllddd.  Ha.

The kids are both still fighting runny noses, dry coughs, etc...the weather has been 40-50 the last two days (feels like spring out there!) so they've gone out in short spurts to breathe it in and blow off germs.  I'm frustrated that I've washed, sprayed, and disinfected everything I can think of and it's still running through our family.  Mike even took a sick day today to take care of me and the kids...that's pretty yucky feeling on my part for him to take a day off. 

He did a great job substitute teaching...
...and followed instructions well to wash all the bedding on everyone's beds and hang it out on the clothesline.

The kids were getting restless tonight - tired of mom being laid up on the couch and our routine being off, even if dad did an excellent job today, so I got out the last hidden busy bag from our exchange.

Balloon Ping Pong for Two

{It was a hit!}  Put together by a mom of 10 with #11 on the way...she gets life. 

Ignore the clean laundry on the chair...at least it's clean.  And Natalee's hair...well, let's just say this is a "real life" type of day. ;)

Here's to health and hoping YOU all are well. 

1 comment:

Shonya said...

I'm laughing in commiseration. Being sick STINKS! Praying you are back to your "old" self tomorrow. ;)

And love the ping pong pics--she sure is a great and fun mom, isn't she?!