Wednesday, November 6, 2013

28 Days of Thanks

I tried to do the "thanks a day until Thanksgiving" on Facebook.  But, me being me, I got overwhelmed by the order they should go in, the way they were presented, etc., etc.

So...in NO particular order...(partly because I don't care to rearrange the order that the pics uploaded in!)

2013 twenty-eight days of thanks:

#1 - Baby #3 and all the promise he/she holds for our family

#2 - These two folks (my parents) and all that they stand for.  I love their integrity, commitment to family, and love for one another. They continually pour into us and there is no way to ever show them how much we appreciate them.

#3 - Sisters...there is nothing like the love of a sister.  My dream is for my girls to have a sister and my boys to have a brother because I feel like there is nothing quite like that "same gendered" relationship.  I'm so grateful that no matter what these girls always have my back.  Always.

#4 - This little, new family.  It's fun to watch my "baby" sister and her new husband turn their new marriage into a family.  I so appreciate them and am especially finding myself leaning on Lauren as she helps me through this pregnancy and assists me in figuring out what I want to push for to "naturalize" and what help I want to accept from modern medicine.  Her outlook as a new OB RN is refreshing and exciting!

#5 - This guy and #6 our marriage.  We've hit humps and bumps and continually find ourselves leaning on Christ and then each other.  Just when I think life gets stale with this guy he changes jobs, convinces me to move our family, and makes me realize that as long as we have God and each other we can do this thing called life.

#7 - Speaking of the Big Guy we're leaning on...I'm thankful for Christ and #8 for my ever growing faith in Him.  Knowing He has a plan for us is so refreshing, because sometimes we don't have a very good plan for ourselves!!

#8 - These two (Mike's folks) that continually give of themselves to our little family and the community.  They go out of their way to help others and serve, and, in our home, their actions do not go unnoticed, though we often don't tell them enough how appreciated they are!
 

#9 - These cowboys/girls.  I'm grateful for their relaxed outlook on life and how they remember to help us slow down and smell the roses (and manure, chicken coop, etc.).  We appreciate their open door policy and that we can always feel "come as you are" in their home.

#10 - The relationship that my children have with one another.  I forget how peaceful life can be until one is in the tub and the other is quietly playing on the floor.  But how bored would they be if it weren't for one another!?  They love each other dearly and loudly and are truly best friends.

#11 - I'm thankful for the opportunity to be home with our children during the day and enjoy their little moments as well as the big ones.  

#12 - Thankful God saw fit to surprise us with this monster, even when we were least expecting it.  He's rowdy and rambunctious.  He loves skirts, tractors, necklaces, motorcycles, 4 wheelers, and all other things with wheels.

#13 - Oh Belle, of course we are thankful for you.  How would we entertain ourselves if we didn't have you to chase balls, jump on kids, and sit out in the rain instead of inside in your dog house?  You turned one mid October and it seems like we've only had you a few months, not almost a year!

#14 - These two that love on our kids from afar and like crazy when they are home!  They help expose our kids to sports and never fail to be there when we need picked up.

#15 - This girl.  She's particular and precise about many things but also super giving, creative, and nature loving.  She thrives on sandboxes and dirt piles and is thankful that God gave us the outdoors to enjoy.  

#16 - Ever so thankful for our wild crazy village that we call "extended" family.  Cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents....literally a village of people who would be at our door if we called.  Growing up in a large extended family was a blast and I wouldn't trade any (okay, most!) of those crazy moments for the world!  We have memories that many don't and it's a joy to pass them down to our youngsters.

#17 - For the opportunity to home school the children.  We are ALL learning a ton everyday!

#18 - For new beginnings.  Moving will be hard and scary and intimidating but also a little adventurous and exciting!
#19 - That my kids get to experience the "farm life" without living on a farm.  Here they are on silage cutting day with one of our cousin buddies, jumping in the silage.  They think they are big farmers because they know all about things such as this!  I'm grateful they have these opportunities!!

#20 - This little house and all the memories we've made in it.  It will forever be dear in my heart.

#21 - Our health.  We are blessed with healthy kids and our own health.  We don't frequent the hospital or any doctor (minus the chiropractor, perhaps), have gained lots of knowledge on handling much of what life throws at us herbally, and are just completely thankful!

#22 - Friends.  While our dear, true friends may seem few sometimes the ones we have are the good, strong, never-failing, 'love-ya-always' kind.

#23 - Our daycare family.  Starting up the daycare was sure an adventure but it's been good and fun and I'm ever grateful for the experience!

#24 - Modern conveniences.  I'm not too petty to be very grateful for my dishwasher, my electric lights, etc. etc.  

#25 - Photos.  Picture memories mean an awfully lot to me.  Being able to transport back to a time and place and remember a sweet smile, wispy curls, and fun memories is worth a lot!

#26 - Worship music.  Contemporary worship music gets me through many a long day!

#27 - That my mom taught me how to cook and put a nice meal on the table for my family.  It may seem small to many but I'm often grateful that I don't have to rely on boxes and cartons to feed my loved ones!

#28 - This holiday season.  I absolutely love Thanksgiving and Christmas.  A time to be thankful, to give, to show love to others.  Truly one of my favorite times of the year.

No comments: