Friday, December 26, 2008

Why God Made Little Girls

Okay, I know I'm a little post happy, but you have to amuse yourself with something while you're sitting in your chair holding a sickly baby (and you can only nap so much!). Anyways, I was looking for a little quote or something to put beside a picture Mike took of Natalee and I came across this poem. It's too sweet...I'm blogging about it so that when I get ready to scrapbook Natalee's first year I'll be able to find it.

God made the world with

towering trees,

majestic mountains,

and restless seas.

Then paused and said,

"It needs one more thing....

Someone to laugh and

dance and sing...

to walk in the woods

and gather flowers....

to commune with

nature in quiet hours."

So...God made little girls

with laughing eyes

and bouncing curls,

with joyful hearts,

and infectious smiles,

enchanting ways

and feminine wiles.

And when He'd completed

the task He'd begun,

He was pleased and proud

of the job He'd done.

For the world,

when seen through a little girl's eyes

greatly resembled Paradise.

No comments: