Monday, May 19, 2008

in love with TAGGIES

Well, we had a whirlwind weekend. Friday night Mike & I went out with some of our friends to El Vacquero in Kirksville & had a great time catching up & eating. Then we left Saturday morning with Andrea, Vance & the kids and went shopping in Des Moines. I found great baby clothes sales at Younkers & my hubby was very willing to let me splurge a little (YAY!). While we were shopping I ran into this clothing line called TAGGIES. The idea is that they sew satin tags onto their products because they are soothing for kids...apparently very true b/c Andrea says Emma still rubs the tag of her care bear when she is falling asleep..I've heard the same of other kids. Anyways...the clothes didn't excite me as much as the toys and blankies. I didn't find anything I was in love with at the store we were at, but Andrea was telling me about the TAGGIES blanket that has ribbon along its edges...so today I got online (www.taggies.com) and they have the coolest products. I e-mailed Mikey to tell him my favorites (so sure he'll be excited). I love the baby buddies duck & the blankies...how soothing for kids! Very excited about this product & can't wait to decide what to order!!!!!




Anyhow the rest of the weekend was very busy. We left Des Moines about 5:00, took a detour (otherwise known as the wrong direction) & finally ended up where we wanted in Fort Dodge. Met up with my folks & Lauren and had a nice supper for Andrea's birthday. Then we went back to the motel so the kids could swim. Sunday morning we got up, had a leisurely brunch at a great restaurant & headed the last hour into Storm Lake for my college graduation. The ceremony took almost 2 hours & then we loaded back up & headed home (Andrea got sick on the way home but she wasn't in my car...sorry sis, but thank goodness!).

All in all it was a great weekend. Got to spend good quality time with my whole family, I graduated from college (finally), found baby bargains, & fell in love with new products!!! AND, the place we went to for brunch on Sunday had a breakfast & lunch buffet set up so I got to have pancakes & mashed potatoes and gravy (my 2 favorite pregnancy foods!!!). What a great weekend!

No comments: