Saturday, April 1, 2023

Weekly Wind Down {Get Outdoors!, Awana Wraps Up, Eye Appt, Searching for Planets} Mar 26-Apr 1

The last week of March brought beautiful temperatures.  The kids spent hours upon hours of time outdoors!

Natalee and Xavier had VBS practice on Sunday after church and are very excited about their serving roles! 
Monday brought co-op.
Ready to go!
My co-op class worked on finishing an art project and preparing our music presentation for share night.
I brought flower/gardening things to share with preschool.  A book about gardens, little grass pots to plant, 
and a soda bottle "flower" painting project.
I hadn't slept well Sunday night and my exhaustion after a busy weekend seeped in while I was teaching co-op.  We stopped by to say hello to Aunt Annette and take out the trash but didn't stay this week to visit.  I came home and sat in the sun "resting" while the kids played outside and then took a nap when they came inside.
My little hot mess.....

My brain was somewhat recovered by Tuesday and it was school per usual.  
Preschool with my resident 3 year old.
I worked on the layers for Ameliya's birthday ice cream cake throughout the day in between lessons and reading to kids.
I had leftover peanut butter cookie dough so I made them into balls and Evalynn rolled them in sugar for me.
We did pizza and fun drink night Tuesday evening.  We intended to play a game but instead we tried to find the 5 planets that were supposed to be visible in the night sky.
Zayden and Evalynn did get in a quick round of Pretty Pretty Princess.
We weren't successful at finding all five planets but we had a good time!

Wednesday was Ameliya's birthday!  What a fun day celebrating our girl!
Evalynn had a case of "not my birthday."  Oops.
I had several moments in the last month crop up that I questioned whether or not Evalynn's vision is correct.  The eye doctor was able to get her in on Wednesday so we ran over and did that appointment.  
Turns out all is well and no need for correction.
All four of our children completed their Awana books to close out March.  We are so very pleased with how hard they worked on them.  Xavier declined a photo but everyone else posed for me in their uniforms.
Mike and Natalee went to gym night for youth group.

Thursday was the first night for any of our spring sports to kick off.  Zayden was up, dressed, and ready for his 5 p.m. practice by 8 a.m.
The weather was gorgeous and we spent much of the day outdoors.
We all went to practice.  Not because we needed to - just because the weather was fair and we love to show up for our people.  Xavier caught for the coach.
Zayden had a great practice and it's going to be a fun season!
The sunshine is bringing out the freckles....
Evalynn and I spent some time on the swing when we got back home...
Closing out a great day with a brain puzzle.

Friday was a 7 hour outside kind of day....
We followed the policy of "if it can be done outside, do it outside."
Messy hair...
School got done....outside.
Breaks were taken....outside.
Meals got eaten....outside.
Much much dirt was acquired and I didn't mind one bit.  
We stayed outside until the rain drove us in.  Some of us didn't like the "funder."
Some of us were also kind of dirty. (wink) 
No stress...children wash...

On Saturday I worked to sort out clothing, books, and baby items that we no longer need.  A bittersweet but also liberating time for us.

No comments: