Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Easter Sunday

On Easter Sunday we went to worship at our home church.  The service was very full and it was nice to celebrate Jesus' resurrection in a house full of believers.
There were no Sunday classes.  After service we drove down to Missouri to gather with my extended family on my dad's side.  Evie took a rest in the car, which was great after the big day we'd had Saturday.
We had lunch at my Aunt Marcia's....but first, the great-aunts Easter egg hunt.
Isa and AJ came out to join in the fun.
My cousin Angela.
Loot check!
Evie was overjoyed to see Grandma and Papa.
I mean we all were really, but she was ecstatic.
My dad and four of his siblings.
My bestie cousin Brooke was in town.  We talk on the phone a ton but it's so nice to see her face now and again.
We stayed and visited through early afternoon and then loaded up our tired kids to come home....but, alas, the family was outside at Mike's folks' when we drove by so we stopped to squeeze them one more time.  Aunt Kea and Uncle Miguel had brought confetti eggs, which was part of Miguel's family traditions growing up, and they were very fun!  Mom appreciated no more candy, too! :) 
You hunt them and then crack them on each other's heads releasing the confetti.  Egg fight!
Natalee chose to cheer everyone on and Xavier let the kids egg him ruthlessly.
We stayed about an hour before loading up again.  I think there were many drooping heads on the way home and some plum fell straight to sleep for the drive.
I play this song called The Blessing for the kids every night at bedtime and Evie was singing herself to sleep in the van.

No comments: