Saturday, February 11, 2023

Weekly Wind Down {First Sam's Club Trip, Mini Golf, Basketball, Hot Dog Night} Feb 5-11

Sunday we woke up without any water.  There was a large water break across town and everyone in the city limits were without.  I actually got up at around 5 to potty and realized it when I went to wash my hands - so then I got Mike up to see if it was just us.  He was able to go back to sleep but I never did.  
I was very grateful that we are night time shower-ers and that we had a Berkey water filter (that I'd filled the night before) full of good clean drinking water.  We felt very blessed.  Because the church was without water we had worship service only and then dismissed without classes.  We decided to run to the city and try out our new Sam's Club membership.  We enjoyed walking the store, got a few things that were significantly less expensive than our other local stores (and made us feel like our $10 discounted membership might be worth it), and treated the children to the $1 soft pretzels (they were out of churros - sad).  We also used the restrooms - twice.  Ha!  
Our friend, Kathy, met us to exchange some items that we had for her for a box of goodies that she had for us, and then we also ran to Home Depot while we were in the city before heading home.  
When we got home I quick whipped up some muffins and washed up breakfast dishes (the water was back on - rejoice!) before we headed out to small group Bible study with our church friends.
I took nary a photo on Sunday but the day was enjoyable despite the water issue.  The weather was sunny and that always improves my outlook on any situation.

Monday was an at home day.
The kids were excited to go through the box of goodies from Kathy and found a lot of treasures.  Purses and bags, scrapbooking punches, stickers, and so much more.  There were loads of permanent markers, which our kids especially love for coloring in stained glass type coloring books.  I decided to sort through them all, test them, and then I laid them out by color and was able to share half with Eric and his kids for their new art room that they just remodeled.  There were fine and ultra fine in both Sharpie and Bic and I went through them in four bunches.  While it may not have been the most valuable use of my time, it was really quite satisfying and Evalynn liked to help me sort them by colors.
{musical entertainment during Mike's lunch}
Monday flowed in the routine of school and just tidying up from our weekend.  
Mike was on nights this week so we didn't have him home until after bedtime.
There were two really pretty sets of animal memory in the box from Kathy.  Just a week before I'd told Mike that I needed to invest in a set of memory cards for Evalynn, and then there they were.  As suspected, she loved it and we've played many many rounds.  I let her stay up until Mike got home so she could challenge him to a round after I played many many times with her and whoever else wanted in.

I was really successful at getting up early this week for studying my Bible.  Perhaps because I had a bit of a sinus cold and gave up trying to breath through my nose to sleep by 5 or 5:30 in the morning.  Ha.
Natalee had early morning OT/PT on Tuesday and then she and Dad tackled some math before he left.
A happy birthday picture for Papa George's Skylight frame....
We started a new book in our morning basket - the third in a series we are loving!  We've gotten very into this Birchbark House series and are struggling to put it down each morning after a few chapters.
Ameliya had OT Tuesday afternoon,
Since I wasn't quite 100% and we didn't have Mike home I proposed to the children that we do hot dogs and movie night instead of regular pizza and game night.  
They were very favorable to the idea and we had our supper, got showers done and everyone in PJS and curled up to watch Paddington.
While they were finishing the movie I made some no bake peanut butter chocolate bars and they all had one after the movie before vitamins, teeth, and bed.

I paused my Bible study Wednesday morning to help Ameliya through a tough part of her Awana Bible study.  She sat with me after I got her going and we finished working together.  Treasure the moments...
Evalynn finished her "B" book in her little preschool set!
Photo courtesy of Xavier...
Thanks....
My sinuses were feeling better Wednesday but I did need an afternoon pick me up....the weeks Mike works ten hour shifts are long.
Natalee had a little fun with her hair for youth group...
Mike was home for showers and bedtime after church and about the time I headed to turn in this little dolly got back up with a sore ear.  Warm oil drops brought some relief but it was still a restless night.

Thursday brought an early morning stop by from Papa Curtis.  The double Belgian waffle iron that he and mom ordered me for Christmas came in and he dropped it off on his way to take Annette to an appointment.  The weather was pretty crummy Thursday and I ended up canceling Natalee's hippotherapy appointment.  Wrestling and basketball also got canceled and it became a long stay home day.
{feeling better...}
We did venture out after a lot of the snow melted off and all 7 of us got chiropractor adjustments.  Evie's brought a lot of relief to her ears.  We took Mike back to work and then I took the kids to the library to break up some of the day.
We had breakfast for supper so we could try out the new waffle maker and everyone declared the waffles delicious.  It is pretty fast and I was able to whip out a triple batch of waffles in pretty quick order and three pounds of bacon to go along with it (I was angling for leftovers and did have enough for one light breakfast for the next day).

Friday Mike had the day off.  We didn't do anything really glamorous.  Natalee had a morning zoom appointment.  The kids didn't have school since we'd gotten our four days in already.  Mike and the boys went for hair cuts and then later Mike took everyone to open gym while Natalee had swim.

Saturday the kids watched some cartoons and then we headed to the Y for basketball.
{the biggest fan has attitude}
Xavier's team had a good game and we stayed to watch Jace play after we were done.  Xavier ended up getting called in to play on Jace's team as they were a little short on players.
Pretty Valentine heart hair for Mia and Evalynn...
We came home after basketball and had lunch.  Evie laid down for a nap and Mike took the others to the mall for a mini golf course that the university had set up as a fundraiser.
It was a nice way to pass a bit of time and a good way to support the university.  After mini golf they walked through the thrift store just for fun and to look.  When they got home Mia and I actually went back to the thrift store to secure some books she had found that she forgot to tell dad about and then we wandered around until they closed.  
Saturday night was just a quiet wind down of the week and a reset to get ready for a new one.

No comments: